Greatest last song

You can feel them fall apart on this. Is it bettered by anyone?

2 Likes

Was going to say ā€˜This Is A Lowā€™ but Lot 105 is technically the last track.

Rockā€™nā€™Roll Suicide is a classic though:

4 Likes

Also, for @shucks I should point out that Hot Snakes have one of their great songs at the end of each of their three albums:

Automatic Midnight - Let It Come
Suicide Invoice - Ben Gurion
Audit in Progress - Plenty for All

I think Plenty for All is one of my number one sunny hot relaxing day songs:

1 Like

album closer or final album closer?

1 Like

Battle of Hampton roads by Titus andronicus!

4 Likes

I think mid-pu is asking for the last songs a band released or recorded, not best last tracks on an album.

Iā€™ll go for The Day Before You Came.

1 Like

Oh right, hmm. Well on that level, if we exclude Your Majesty then The End on Abbey Road might not be beat? (Let It Be was released after and even then youā€™d have Get Back which is still a great song.)

I mean in that case Plenty for All still counts until they release that comeback album next year.

1 Like

i like Arab Strap finally cheering up and falling in love

5 Likes

Get out of my head Theo. :grinning:

Plenty For All is excellent, so wonderfully upbeat considering how noisy and angry Audit is. Definitely the perfect summer song.

3 Likes

Cheating a bit, but Death is an incredible way for Viet Cong to finish, even though technically they didnā€™t split up, just changed name.

Other than that, This Could Go Wrong by French Kicks is a pretty great final song.

Also, not strictly what was asked (its actually the first song they wrote) but this vid of the last ever song from The Walkmenā€™s last ever gig gets me every time

I listen to Thunder Down Under so much I always expect that testing chord riffing to happen after the end on the album :smiley:

1 Like

Decades

Last Harbor

2 Likes

The version of Let It Come is fierce though, so brutal and rifftastic.

1 Like

v underrated:

2 Likes

You know I bought Swam Sound System Vol 1: 2003 Sales Conference just to have US Mint and I actually donā€™t know if Iā€™ve listened through the whole collection since. Time to check out all those other bands!

1 Like

Two-way tie between:

ā€œA Murder of Oneā€ - Counting Crows
ā€œBlank Pageā€ - The Smashing Pumpkins

But not choosing ā€œP.S. You Rock My Worldā€ by the Eels feels wrong too.

Iā€™m dangerously close to listing 30 something songs.

2 Likes

All of the closers on These Arms Are Snakesā€™ albums are bloody amazing. Whenever I think about great last songs, thatā€™s who comes to mind immediately.

Was obviously this one until the dickheads ruined it by getting back together again.

2 Likes