Greatest Music Videos of all time...Go!

Terrible song but impressive (and very violent) video;

1 Like
2 Likes

This is wonderful, I’ve never seen it before.

Gondry. I’m sure people think he’s an arsehole but everything he makes is magnificent.

2 Likes

I loved a lot of his videos when I was younger and permanently attached to MTV2, but this one passed me by, so thanks for sharing it!

Have you seen this one?

Very clever.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s mega. Blocking that out must have been a nightmare! I like the bit where the various Kylies duck under the Kylie swinging round the pole to look at the fruit, that’s neat.

take your pick of dan deacon videos, really

3 Likes

Guys who made the QOTSA video were in the year above me at university - Shynola. Made some corkers.

Annoying song, but one of them made this using Deluxe Paint on a bloody Amiga. Mind blowing.

7 Likes

They did that one too! With David Shrigley obviously.

You probably know this being a design type though thinking about it…

Yeah I love Shynola. Their early Unkle stuff was brilliant.

2 Likes

My first job was in a studio with some friends of theirs, and while the Shynola guys were still working in Blockbuster they would do the odd illustration job for us (usually really dry stuff). They’d usually send in hand drawn sheets and we’d scan them and monkey about in Photoshop. When I was working my notice at that job I stashed all of the drawings inside a book so I could steal them, but we ended up not going back to work on my last day after lunch. Gutted.

1 Like

Love the buddy holly video!

1 Like
2 Likes

this is just a bands you like thread, isn’t it

2 Likes