Greatest single-artist album that's straddled the most musical genres?

Prince - Sign O’ The Times is a great shout.

Please don’t be edgelords and pick Now 64 or something.

Now 64 only had one artist on it? Compilations are getting lazy!

canvas

You’re right. Back to the social board with me.

Screamadelica.

Primal Scream put out some great singles so they’re going in the single artist category.

Janelle Monae - The Archandroid

The cure always strike me as a band that have played a good lot of different genres but I can’t think of one album where they used them all.

can’t think of any really

69 Love Songs

obviously

just looked this up on wikipedia:

Merritt has said " 69 Love Songs is not remotely an album about love. It’s an album about love songs, which are very far away from anything to do with love."

that’s one of the most pretentious things I’ve read in a while.

To pimp a butterfly

Being pretentious is kind of part of his ‘thing’ though - I generally just find him quite amusing

he might be great! Never heard of him before I just found that quote made me cringe…like ok, people write love songs that aren’t about love?

They’re love songs about love songs

ok so he is singing “man I really love writing love songs!”?

He might be on “Love Song #50”, but I wouldn’t know as I struggle to get past disc 1

He’s notoriously very cynical though, so is probably approaching it from the angle that most people who sit down to write a love song aren’t necessarily doing it from their own feelings but rather as something that will sell/be popular.

so it’s kind of a “meta” album?

Should probably just listen to it but who has the time to listen to music they don’t already know that they like?

Basically, yeah - a lot of the songs are really great though (some aren’t as well).

Some of my favourites are:

thanks will give these a shot :)(