Green Day - Revolution Radio

Why do bands insist on putting the lyrics in the video when the lyrics go from dull to cringe worthy:

They didn’t, they released 3 albums in 3months which was a trilogy

Uno Dos Tres

not as good as Guns N Roses (2 albums in one day)

but better than Guns N Roses (1 album in 22 years)

1 Like

What happened to green day?
Remember kids my age loved American idiot
then the 21st century one came out which was kinda not as well liked
and then those 3 albums
are they now just as irrelevant as they were before AI, but now they can do arena tours and act like aerosmith?

listening to Insomniac for the first time in a good few years. enjoying it.

1 Like

I think they are just one of those bands most people grow out of. They are less interesting then their influences, and the lyrics are vapid and angsty. Stuff that can speak to you as a teenager but when you get older don’t really do much to you.

Sure the early records have their charm as well as a little bit of nostalgia, but they were never great. American Idiot imo is just self indulgent tripe and the new one is bland, overproduced, stuff that is made to blend into radio playlists.

Yeah, they’re definitely not as interesting as those who came before- there’s the general consensus in the Replacements oral history that the 'Mats were the ones who allowed them to become big. Which is funny, because (for me) the Replacements are one of those bands who spoke to me as a teenager (16 blue anyone?), who don’t resonate just as well anymore- the songs are still fucking killer of course.

so Green Day are a trashy Replacements so they don’t age well.

Always had a soft spot for Jesus of Suburbia, tho it’s subject matter in retrospect is a bit wanky- middle class kid smokes fegs and does drugs oh woe is me

Similarly, they owe quite a bit to Jawbreaker who kinda set the precedent for them. But when Jawbreaker “sold out” many saw it as a less successful version of Dookie which came out around the same time. Thankfully history has been much kinda to them.

Imagine listening to Green Day in 2016

1 Like

The Replacements still kick arse, big time. Green Day never did.

2 Likes

Quite irked they’re even being compared

1 Like

Same!

Well Green Day are a result of the trail blazed by the replacements- yer man Billie Joe saw them when he was 14 and changed his musical ideas. Mats obviously have indestructible songs, but I just don’t relate to them AS much
(-:

Ok someone at Kerrang! listened to this and thought ‘This is a 10/10 release’ now the singles sounded shitty and I havent listened to it yet but that is some commitment. Because it means that someone who is paid to listen to music thought that this album is amazing and one of the most significant releases of this year and beyond.Now most people have given it lukewarm reviews but I am now eager to give this a listen.

I remember in my early teens seeing this exact clip on ITV or channel 4 really late at night and thinking “THIS LOOKS LIKE THE BEST FUCKING BAND EVARRRR!”

I always intended to get into them, but here I am, over a decade and half later, still haven’t gotten round to it. Don’t think I’ll bother now.

Yeah kerrang! Aren’t exactly known for objective journalism. Pretty sure they gave St. Anger 5Ks too

I seem to remember everyone falling over themselves to praise St. Anger. NME gave it 9 out of 10. Unreal.

how could everyone not hear it was shockingly bad? I mean, it was great, but in a nought out of ten kind of way.

1 Like

Legendary bands get diplomatic immunity