Green man 2017

Set off for the festival 15 hours ago. Nearly got there too, but I only went and crashed my car like a wanker didn’t I? Now I’m back home after sleeping in an RAC van, waiting for National Express website maintenance to finish so I can see if I can get there tomorrow. Not feeling good at the moment; feeling like a massive prick truth be told.

Big up to the guy who helped me when I crashed in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal though. Drove me round all his mates to see if anybody could fix my snapped steering, let me sit in his house and use his phone and internet so I could get my shit together. Overwhelmed by how nice he was.

Coaches sold out :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Ah man, that is shit news. Anyway of getting there? Whereabouts are you based?

in a surprising but welcome turn of events, me mam and dad are away on holidays and have offered me use of their car!

1 Like

Brilliant stuff.

I’m looking for a ticket if anyone has one or knows anyone that does. Twickets seems to have dried up. Not bothered about missing today.

Just back home. Top weekend (as ever), although a lot more chilled out than usual (for me at least). Didn’t feel the need to squeeze 15 bands into a day as I normally do. Not too many duff bands either.

Great

Aldous Harding
Julie Byrne
Lift To Experience
PJ Harvey
Big Thief
Liars (after the mic problem)
Oh Sees

Good/Surprises

The Shins
Girl Ray
This is the Kit
BSP (lovely set from them)
Kikagaku Moyo
The Orielles
Gaelynn Lea

Duffers

Future Islands

(Not everything I saw this weekend, but standouts)

Car park was iffy this morning at 6.30, wouldn’t have been wanting to leave later than we did tbh. Food excellent again, and generally really decent crowds (pretty much silent for Aldous Harding and Julie Byrne).

That list of “Great” sets is pretty stellar…I was thinking the End of the Road line up was better this year but didn’t realise the likes of Lift to Experience, Big Thief and Liars were playing.

Looking forward to Julie Byrne at EOTR. Might catch Aldous Harding but there’s a potential Parquet Courts clash.

I could use a Ryan Adams review please.

but I bet he did one hell of a funny dance

1 Like

Got a bit of a metal roar. Shit choice of headliner imo

@jimmyhuntspill my mate raved about his set. Can’t comment myself though.

they were headlining? fucking hell

2 Likes

That, kate tempest or pumarosa on Friday night

Julie Byrne was stunning. Seriously impressed.

any good films on?

Plan 9 from outer space at the same time as the Friday headliners

He could always have gone to the Chai Wallahs stage (pretty sure there’s a Simpsons screenshot for this)

Pitchfork is hit and miss…but their review of her album called it a “soothing balm” which I think is a very good description.

Five star review here guys: Green Man festival review – rock stars rattle Welsh bones in gala of goodwill | Festivals | The Guardian

Wonder if I picked the wrong small indie festival this summer. We’ll see.

Pumarosa were fucking great, who would be watching Future Islands? Also don’t think I’ve ever popped my head into Chai Wallas to see what’s cracking and ended up having anything other than a lovely time. That chap Solomon O.B. who was on Wednesday night turned out to be an amazing way to start the festival, big bouncing cover of Kendrick’s Alright.

Aye, caught a bit of Pumarosa, but they aren’t really my thing. So I went down and met my TV and drank some run and coke, the highlight of my Friday evening