Grenfell Tower

just horrific to wake up to those pictures and that news

already political questions being asked but I guess what DiSsers are best at is helping out

so, this might be a start

post others

Horrendous news, those pictures are terrifying. It is nice to see how quick people are to set up ways to help out, but obviously would be so much better if this sort of thing wasn’t necessary.

This blogpost is hauntingly prescient https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

Unfortunately, the Grenfell Action Group have reached the conclusion that only an incident that results in serious loss of life of KCTMO residents will allow the external scrutiny to occur that will shine a light on the practices that characterise the malign governance of this non-functioning organisation.

The Grenfell Action Group predict that it won’t be long before the words of this blog come back to haunt the KCTMO management and we will do everything in our power to ensure that those in authority know how long and how appallingly our landlord has ignored their responsibility to ensure the heath and safety of their tenants and leaseholders. They can’t say that they haven’t been warned!

Journos interviewing residents who got out asking “did you hear the screaming?” FFS

Horrible news :frowning:

The live feed is very disturbing. Essentially televising the deaths of a lot of people.

Rolling news is fucking horrible.

yup

then you’ve got things like this

and this

http://www.frmjournal.com/news/news_detail.government-endangering-tower-blocks-by-delaying-fire-safety-regulations-review.html

oh look, who was the Housing Minister failing to implement Fire Saftey review regulations? May’s new Chief of Staff Gavin Barwell ffs

fuck

if this is true then I hope those landlord(s) get done for murder

Just sickening. The whole sorry episode, from the concerns expressed in 2012 through to the utter shit shower media. This is why I can’t and won’t watch news coverage of these tragic events.

‘Areas of the building are still on fire, prompting concerns it may collapse’

Fucking hell.

Fuckin… that’s so awful to think about, man. This is so fucking tragic :pensive:

Apparently the Met has confirmed there are a number of fatalities. Obviously that’s inevitable with this kind of damage but I’d kinda hoped everyone got out and only had to deal with their homes being destroyed.

I hope so too

but sadly I do not expect that to be the case at all

120 families lived in that block. So distressing

Yep, they’re saying like 30 people have been taken to hospital, no figures on folk who got out or anything. Have a feeling the number of people who lose their lives cos of this will he horrific.

This is just absolutely awful. Can’t even comprehend it.

in four bedroom flats - it will be families with children as well presumably.

apparently some people were still up for prayers cause it’s ramadan. the scale of fatalities could have been even worse.

fucking grim :frowning:

yep, if you look at the pictures of the Lakanal House fire in Camberwell where 6 people died in 2009 & then look at Grenfell Tower it really doesn’t look good at all

Just reading those blog posts… people knew that they were living somewhere potentially dangerous, and so did the council and the management company. How can something like this even fucking happen?

Just terrifying and dreadful news.

This is truly horrifying