Grenfell Tower

I think buzz feed had an article with verified campaigns on

The 24hour news coverage (and the vast majority of papers) of this has been despicable imo.

I know I’m not unique in this, but this is just so fucking awful and I’m so so angry about everything here.

1 Like

I am having to ween myself away from Twitter and the Guardian feed because so much is raising my blood pressure to boiling point.

The mail knows what it’s doing with that picture, obviously. All ethnic minority men, looking ‘intimidating’.

1 Like

The Telegraph prefers to blame Corbyn fans and the ‘hard left’

no problem with that.

1 Like

So when people point out that this tragedy was avoidable and could have been averted by Tory politicians whose answer to fire safety concerns was ‘get stuffed’ the right wing media will just scream LEFT WING MILITANTS

Is that more or less what’s going to happen from here on out?

Seen her interview on newsnight? Maitlis pressing her quite well for 2017 BBC, seemed genuinely angry tbh, and she was met with a series of prepped soundbites and waffle. Abject.

2 Likes

It was a staggeringly shit performance from may. Wonder when tipping point is for her, everything she does right now is a liability but word is that Tories feel alternatives aren’t much better.

1 Like

I would have a lot more time and respect for her if she fronted up and said ‘I find interaction with other people a very difficult thing to do’. That is a very different thing to coming across as an automon incapable of emotion or compassion, which all of these nothingy soundbites do.

1 Like

It’s amazing isn’t it. Accusations of the left turning militant and trying to score political points out of a tragedy… Yet when a terror attack happens the selfsame publications are falling over themselves to push their anti-immigration or islamophobic stance.

My brain can’t even process this one. Absolutely staggered at the negligence, the cuts to funding, the complete lack of empathy and human spirit of our serving Prime Minister and government, and the outright fucking menace of the media. Staggered, yet not surprised.

Thankfully this is tempered somewhat by the selfless nature of those volunteering, and taking people in, and donating, and the local community pulling together as best they can, but it’s absolutely shameful that things like this can happen, and that so many people are pushed to the edges of society. Something’s deeply, deeply wrong with this country.

10 Likes

Money to be made my dear boy!

does a bit of rioting

5 Likes

So fucking horrific watching this unfurl. Why didn’t the government set up a base of operations to liaise with residents etc at the site? Why not get some professionals onsite to help distribute resources? Why not get grief councillors etc onsite immediately to aid with the ongoing situation??

1 Like

Because they genuinely don’t see these people as worth their time/money/effort and are prepared to give voxpops and literally nothing more.

Struggling to imagine Theresa May being prime minister this time next week right now

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnomieGeog/status/875449771762171904

4 Likes