Grocery disruption

Couldn’t see another thread about this, but DoorDash requiring all its employees including CEO to do a dash once a month seems quite good.

I know there are issues with this, but I like the principle

2 Likes

Is there still a part of you that wants to live

18 Likes

Not anymore

2 Likes

I really like the idea of this? So many departments in major companies like this are so detached from the actual people on the ground, that getting a fully realised experience of how they operate can trigger new ideas or make people understand those needs better.

4 Likes

Bashliif

All companies who make healthy profits should subsidise employees doing a day’s charity or community work every month.

-Vote for yer man Bugduv. We’ll have yer house, but it’ll be a slightly kinder world, and beer will be cheaper.

3 Likes

Does it say whether it’s during working hours or not?

Place I work encourages their office workers to volunteer in the sorting depot in evenings during peak period before Xmas and it just seems like a way of not having to hire more staff

Lol, that’s just shit and very obviously taking the piss.

2 Likes

As I said, there are issues with it, but understanding what the people off whose backs your company is profiting have to do every day has benefits

I did days picking and packing in the warehouse when I contracted as a web developer for an online glasses shop. Was useful all round, definitely felt some of the younger members of the dev team (who’d only ever done tech work) were less dismissive of the warehouse workers after they’d done a day in their shoes.

3 Likes

Feels relevant to this thread too

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/cost-of-living-crisis/63827/34?u=the_ravens