Grouper

Wonderful news.

Just got Berlin tickets. Never seen her before. Cannot wait. :heart:

This is great, thanks for the tip!

Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill:

And if you want gauzy female vocals with lashing of reverb, also try White Poppy’s self titled album (on bandcamp):

Both fantastic records.

Oh, and no credit to me for Midwife, it was @Static’s doing:

Whoooaaa the addition of a Loveless reference passes my interest to beyond overdrive

Er, I think he overstepped with the Loveless reference, but I don’t mind since it got me to listen to the album!

i’ll start the bidding for mine at £100

You’re a bad person V.

obviously jk

obviously not taking you seriously

Didn’t realise that both AIA LPs were worth that. That’s a nice surprise

There’s a copy of water people on discogs for $99! I bought mine off Liz at the St Giles in the Fields show for £6.

i really want violet replacement but no way i’m paying crazy money for CD-rs ffs

Tenner the pair then?

Sol…wait a minute!!

She’s playing Bruges a few hours after I leave. This is terrible news.

if this guy isn’t up for it let me know!

PLS PLAY BIRMINGHAM AT SOME POINT LIZ

ooh I’m 30 secs into the first track and very glad I came across the recommendation

Did you hear the Helen album that Liz was involved with? Reminds me a bit of that (i.e. the Grouper-esque haziness in more of a band setup)

I did come across the Helen album - that’s probably closer to the White Poppy album I also recommended above (and which I can’t recommend highly enough) - I prefer her Grouper stuff but definitely good on her for branching out. Quite excited by the idea of Ruins + the early sound, so will keep my eyes out for the newie.

Fucking love the Helen album.