Growing plants

Ah, brilliant. Will get pruning and will remove it from the pot later on. Thanks @_Em !

Pretty much all box trees/hedges in our area have suffered the same fate. I give it five years and there’ll be none left in London at all.

My studio at the moment is where all my sad plants live, it’s kind of like a plant hospital, I think there’s more light here, so I take them from the flat over here and things seem happier generally. But it does mean they’re all a little funny looking.

I mentioned my jade succulent was a bit ill and all the leaves started falling off even though it looked so green and healthy, I thought it had stopped but the other day it happened again. I repotted it, checked the roots and they seemed okay but I still think the culprit is overwatering :grimacing: I’m a bit gutted…

I’m just going to leave it alone and see what happens.

It’s your basic haworthia, but a transparent variation . The transparent bits on the leaves are called leaf windows.

It doesn’t look so great right now, as it’s turned into a sort of shrub with loads of tiny leaves. I need to prune it.

1 Like

I only started reading into it the other day. Pretty crazy. Started in South West London apparently.

We have a few in the house & on the balcony but I’m not sure what they’re all called

The ones I know;
Aloe Vera
Peace Lily
Monstera
Lemon tree

What are these two called? (The one on the bottom right is a cutting from the one on the left)

Rubber plant and a type of umbrella plant, I think.

Yeah, combined with Box Blight, it’s not been a good few years for it.

I kill all plants.

Someone tell me how not to please.

Chilli plants.

yeah, the tall one looks like it could be a Schefflera arboricola but I’ve never seen it flower in the 4 years we’ve had it

the other one is definitely not a rubber plant though

Are you sure? It might just be the photo, but it looks a lot like this:

I do!

I planted a lot of seeds last year for the first time ever, it was amazingly absorbing to follow how everything grew and changed and so on. Didn’t plant anything myself this year, but bought lots of different flowers for my balcony. And some of the plants from last year, that I’d just left outside over winter, actually came back and had multiplied.

The most fun was when I just picked out some seeds from store bought tomatoes and red peppers and put them in the soil and they started growing and blossoming!

1 Like

Lucky enough to have enough space for a veg patch and a greenhouse. My dad was a great gardener but it currently doesn’t look like this has been passed down to me. Veg patch has brocoli, leeks and sweet potatoes on the go and greenhouse is rammed with toms, cucumber and a few chilli plants. Stuff is growing but feck me we need some serious sunshine and soon or my tomatos are gonna be a disaster.

yep, the leaf shape is different, the stem is much more woody (all the way up) & the leaves are thin (though very slightly waxy) and the foliage is much less dense

Well, I don’t know then. Maybe @dans or @colinfilth will.

I have a lot of veg growing in the garden. Got a whole forest of kale, and going to have a tomatina of tomatoes fairly soon.

My pride and joy is my hop plant though. Going to be making some sweet sweet beer with the fruit there in October.

3 rather large spider plants have appeared in my shower over the weekend, not really bothered either way.

Don’t think I can help. If it ain’t a rubber plant, the only thing I can think of is a type of magnolia, but I’d have no faith in that.

It’s a rubber plant, isn’t it, really?