Guardian best architecture of the 21st century

The grauniad continues the listathon with some nice buildings!

What other buildings from the past 20 years rustle YOUR jimmies?

1 Like

Congrats to @Funkhouser for his new job at the grauniad

imagine saying this is breathtaking

looks like half the buildings in Northampton

2 Likes

they used a shitty picture for it, but it really is one of the best buildings, especially inside

3 Likes

WOT NO

somebody came up with the idea of a rectangle made out of concrete? architects are taking the piss with this one

1 Like

imagine being the kind of wanker that puts their name on a building, fewer things seem more vain

1 Like

Yep, still breathtaking though imo. Used to love the bus station in Northampton even if it was a bit of a dump

buildings like that are functional, don’t think they’re supposed to inspire awe, I guess there’s something to the sheer size of them.

it was a victorian power station that got converted into a gallery

typical london art people, I’m sure it was a perfectly serviceable building for it’s function back in the day

1 Like

bring back inner city power stations I say.

6 Likes

something ‘supposed’ to inspire =/= whether something actually does inspire though

1 Like

just don’t make a big deal out of buildings I say, this is one way in which the east midlands is better than London

fuck off back to the east midlands then!

5 Likes

Glad to see the guardian try to literally turn into buzzfeed

2 Likes

there is a kind of quiet stoic beauty to functional grubby victorian buildings but it totally kills that to champion it or turn it into an art gallery or something

Wanders into thread, interested in discussing something related to actual job.

Scans replies.

Mutes thread.

Leaves.

5 Likes

hey man it’s all yours, I’m sure you don’t have any buildings named after you so no need to worry

Huh?