Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

There’s a bit in the classic cyberpunk novel Neuromancer where someone has glasses essentially sewn into her face, and someone else gets a finger smudge on them.

Imagine.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a thing in the 90s where people could get a piercing at the top of their nose and get glasses that attached to that so they didn’t need arms? I’m pretty sure that was a thing

2 Likes

That’s just made me feel really queasy

6 Likes

Noooooo

No no no no nononooooo

Huge Onion vibes in that headline

6 Likes

So Hadley Freeman leaks her own resignation letter to Private Eye, where she claims she couldn’t be transphobic enough (as if the Guardian would prevent that), claims that Guardian couldn’t say what they think about Corbyn (give me a fucking break) and finishes off with a dig at the main man himself.

4 Likes

She can write her Woody Allen piece in a different paper now, behind a paywall.

2 Likes

I haven’t read that Chiles M1 toilet column before!!! going to find it now, thanks Hadley. byyeeeeeeee!

edit: enjoyed this in the replies

14 Likes

Talking of the big man, here’s this week’s 3 paragraph banger.

1 Like

12 Likes

I didn’t know Adrian had got married, congratulations to Adrian!

Reckon we should have a whip round and get a card?

1 Like

Picturing Hadley trying to make a big show of carrying her box of work stuff out the office (plant, photo of family, collection of 80s VHS films) hoping for someone to say something. Unfortunately everyone ignores her and gathers round Adrian as he regales the audience with wedding stories about how two of the guests had their placecards mixed up.

28 Likes

Can’t believe that because of this article, our big brave boring Brummie boy is going to become the latest front in the culture wars.

1 Like

Maybe the reason Viner was exasperatedly telling her to stop trying to submit pieces about trans people and Corbyn is that she was supposed to be writing for the culture and entertainment section?

2 Likes

“They say I’m in a culture war now. But how can I fight in a war when I can’t even get an appointment with the osteopath?”

10 Likes

before reading this I thought: I bet the answer is ‘gambling’ and I was right

2 Likes

What a deeply strange person.