Guardian Top 100 TV Shows of the 21st Century

Yeah, I think the list is good but completely out of order.

2 Likes

Buffy: 97, 98, 99 … 00, 01, 02, 03.

3 : 4

Freaks and Geeks had one season - 12/18 episodes in 2000

1 Like

MOTD really jumped the shark after the Leicester storyline ran its course

3 Likes

1 Like

When they introduced the goblin man for a season it was a bit desperate

1 Like

Always the cameo, never the lead :wilted_flower:

60/100

1 Like

I’m over lists by people who I don’t know. I hate strangers

1 Like

Haven’t looked at the full list yet, have they put a YouTube channel in there like true edgelords?

reckon the news (1950 - now) should have been in there

1 Like

Have recently started a Sopranos rewatch and it really is unbelievably fucking good eh.

I’d have Curb and Six Feet Under higher and Better Call Saul is making a strong case for a top-ten position as well IMO (ahead of Breaking Bad frankly)

1 Like

No

The Chase for #1

4 Likes

Also, it’s very jarring to see Sopranos topping this list of shows from this century when yesterday I watched an episode where Adriana signs a nu-metal band which might be one of the most 90s things I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Probs should have found room for at least one of the Adam Curtis 3 parters in there, or grouped them as a single entry. Four really bold, interesting concepts for BBC documentary series to grasp, even if his style has become quite easy to mock

1 Like

Bojack Horseman and Fargo are pretty glaring omissions

3 Likes

where’s Corrie?

also am I missing something with 30 Rock? The episodes I’ve seen seem very average, worth delving into more?

Love that bit! What are they called? Waiting Day or something? Brilliant.

I disagree with this list it should have been a list fromwhomthebellytolls’ best TV shows of the 21st Century and how dare it not be.