Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

Someone got paid actual money to sit at a computer and write these words.

1 Like

At times like this, I really wish I could distract myself with Bake Off, Strictly or any other of those retrograde programmes that everyone seems to love ā€“ but I canā€™t. Itā€™s not snobbishness

Chinny reckon.

5 Likes

Remember when Suzanne Moore published a private list of signatories of a letter to the editor over her transphobia, encouraging her followers to hound those people involved and received zero repercussions as a result? Great days.

6 Likes

Hmmmm yeah, perhaps itā€™s best if she sticks to rambling, incoherent, self-absorbed bullshit like the above.

Missing Adrian and his 4 paragraphs right now.

1 Like

they open up very few articles to comments these days. it used to be pretty much ALL articles allowed comments. probably for the best.

Top tip - buy cheap knives and throw them away after a month :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Heh

6 Likes

They had a similar article not long ago asking chefs for their top ā€œhacksā€ and someone said they buy the cheapest non stick pans from Ikea and chuck them after a few weeks of abuse.

This one!

At least he says he uses them after the non stick coating fails

That pan thing is such a weird tip for a home cook. Funnily enough, theyā€™re suggesting the same knives in that one, but have the radical idea of sharpening them.

1 Like

State of this,

A similar proportion (26%) agreed that ā€œelites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positionsā€ are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

Iā€™d say that 74% of people are conspiracy theorists according to that data.

1 Like

If youā€™re saying that 74 percent donā€™t believe that bollocks in its wilder form it seems about right.

Nope its a seperate question from the devil worship and secret cabal stuff.

74% of people not believing that thereā€™s large-scale child trafficking and abuse being done by the elites is insane.

Putting it in the article alongside the others is a psy-op

2 Likes

From the same articleā€¦

1 Like

Porque no los dos? Canā€™t we ascribe evil and inequality to the incompetence, self-interest, and lack of concern of a small group of singular villains? Because I sure as shit do

2 Likes

Been thinking for a while that this will be the way the MSM ultimately processes the bizarreness of Qanon. Theyā€™ll roll actual facts like Epstein and Maxwell procuring children for wealthy clients, essentially true statements like ā€˜a handful of untouchable billionaires control the world via private gatheringsā€™ up together with stuff like Hillary Clinton worships Satan and drinks adrenochrome. If you try and address the very real underpinnings of the conspiracy theory youā€™ll be called an extremist and kicked off the major social media sites, thatā€™s where weā€™re going.

Thereā€™s folks out there arguing that was always the point of Qanon for the people who control it, but Iā€™m not quite at that level of tinfoildom just yet.

4 Likes

There is definitely something in this.

just reading the review of the book @JaguarPirate recommended to me the other day

Iā€™m not posting this as an indicator of my willingness or not to read the book - Iā€™m gonna, regardless - but ffs, of all the points to begin your review on

am I being lazy or cynical, or is that not just absolute bollocks sophistry

Taken out of context but yeah that kind of thing winds me up too. Just doesnā€™t seem true does it.

1 Like