Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

Different pubs for different needs.

Different pubs for different drugs

Is this just him summarising the ‘Pints’ thread?

:grinning: there are literally longer and more nuanced posts in one of the dis ‘what’s your ideal pub?’ threads

1 Like

can’t wait for Chiles to bang out a tight article about how he’s getting on on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

2 Likes

Jesus.

Am I a Catholic, and do bears shit in the woods? | Pope Francis I

1 Like

Very heartened by this piece about young people living in London discovering that other places are also habitable

1 Like

Moving to a flat overlooking Fristal during Lockdown wonder if it’s one of the new builds some of them had been up for a million. Wait until the tourists turn up they will fucking hate it.

I guess that while all restaurants, pubs, gig venues, theatres, museums and galleries are shut it levels the field, and if you can work from home, you might as well move somewhere cheaper.

Looking forward to Helen Pidd’s counter piece decrying the fate of the poor Londoners moving to former Red Wall towns with no Franco Manca.

3 Likes

Oi Leigh has a Twentyman.

”best pizza ever” Helen Pidd 2019

Feels like these exclusives are building to something doesn’t it:

Got my 7s and 4s packed already. Cities fornstand down

3 Likes

Does it begin with G? And sound a bit like a chemical in tobacco?

1 Like

i dont actually understand these exclusives

and that’s saying something about how hard these will be to pass through to the general pulic

1 Like

Brian & Brenda have been using their powers to stop certain things that they don’t like becoming law should impact fhem or in one case being debated in Parliament. As usual it is to do with money and land.

In someways it is proper legal but, shady shit in others people won’t give a fuck when they should particularly if Brexit was about Parliament taking control.

Not so much about not giving a fuck when they should, but a large of the UK are entirely comfortable with the royals being above and beyond the law. They’d give more of a fuck if it the royals weren’t legally entitled to this kind of thing.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s true.

1 Like

Hope it’s leading to some interference in the Prince Andrew stuff