Guardian

Yeah, this is fair. Sorry everyone.

3 Likes

It does feel like a thing that’s massively fallen out of fashion. Not sure why, but in the 80s a glass of milk was definitely a very normal thing to drink.

Possibly a combo of the rise of semi-skimmed and skimmed milk in houses meaning it lacks so much flavour, plus the fact that milkshakes and huge lattes are more of a thing?

Semi skimmed is the best one, cheers

3 Likes

Hate that slightly salty taste of milk :frowning:

Been years since I had a sip of full-fat milk, reckon it’d overpower me with milkiness now

If there’s an interesting story hiding behind this headline then they’re really not doing it any favours.

1 Like

TIL: before he went out with Kath Viner, Adrian Chiles went out with Rosie Duffield

1 Like

Aw, I think this is nice. I want more of this guy.

3 Likes

I’ll confess, I have thought before about when society changed from average people eating more or less the same thing day by day to expecting to feeling affronted by eating the same dinner two days in a row. Not what the article is about though. I like that he specifies a big onion, nice detail imo.

1 Like

Are you putting salt in it?

1 Like

Greg Davies went out with Liz Kendell

I knew this one.

@Steved’s blank avatar makes this look like you’re referring to marckee’s Adrian Chiles post :grinning:

no salt for me thanks

good thread this going back to 2018 pointing out the hypocrisy of their coverage of latin american politics

2 Likes

Reckon somewhere in here they should’ve also mentioned that Vargas Llosa is a well known neoliberal who ran as part of a centre right coalition in the 90s

1 Like

What the hell is a tailgate?!

Kind of think that lockdown restrictions easing might be the opportunity to make tailgate parties a thing over here tbh tbf - like a car boot sale but with added BBQ…

2 Likes

The boot of a car, usually an estate car or SUV.

It originally means one that is hinged from the bottom, but is used to describe top opening ones now as well.

1 Like