Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

Getting close to plasticniki’s carbon footprint there.

Why does he say he owns them when he clearly rents them? Or am I misunderstanding his evil?

Not entirely sure I believe this article. Seems more likely that the bellend is exaggerating/making it up, and the Graun cba to do due diligence for a puff piece. He probably does have a social media advertising business (who doesn’t), but that’s a competitive scene and the margins aren’t amazing. Like hell he has six figures to burn in cryptocurrency while buying Porsches with cash.

The whole thing reads like Money Cash Hoes if it was written by a sixth-former from Guildford. I don’t buy it.

5 Likes

I don’t really get what this piece is saying aside from “I make so much money”

I’m not sure how he makes enough to fund all the things he does. Not convinced it adds up.

It is a hilarious read. It does read like one of those ten-year olds who’s just discovered lying.

2 Likes

forgot to mention how many supermodels he’s banging

5 Likes

Actually it’s crying out for @manches to imagine one of the conversations he has with the powerful businessmen on the private jet on the way to Paris, Milan or “a new place”.

3 Likes

“immersing himself in other cultures” like skiing

2 Likes

that’s literally it, isn’t it? it was only published to wind people up. and it worked!

His shirt is clearly Photoshopped as well, how is it so smooth and shiny

this has absolutely murdered me :rofl:

Don’t even know where to begin at how awful and inaccurate this article is.

It’s the most mangled thing I’ve ever read. Can only assume it’s the result of both a terrible press release and a totally uncomprehending journo. A perfect storm.

2 Likes

Relevant:

2 Likes

Anyone think the Amazon.com coverage is a little odd?

There’s a bit of cult of personality going on with Bezos and they seemed to be overawed with Amazon’s success.

I can understand running articles on an online shopping phenomenon but hope they do write pieces about what was sacrificed or forgone to get there.

They’ve been appropriately critical as well though, right?

Amazon is arguably the most important / influential company in the world at the moment, so I can understand the idea of doing special coverage on it.

I think @anon64105032 has a point. The article does seem to be mostly a celebration of the story of the world’s richest man, with some listing of the dodgy tax stuff bringing up the rear.

yeah well, he may be the world’s richest man, but is he genuinely happy and beyond petty human concerns in a truly transcendental way?

(yes. yes he clearly is. he’s the world’s richest man for fuck’s sake.)

1 Like

The article is part of a strand of special coverage on Amazon though. If you go to the Amazon page, the lead story is currently this: