Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

Think this is the worst thing I’ve ever read

1 Like

FFS I came in just to post this see:

The comment pieces in The Guardian are awful, obvs.

Those fucking millennials with all their money.

Stop blaming millennials for the stagnating mechanics of capitalism pls

Maisie just wants some Ingmar Bergmann

4 Likes

It’s funny all these Generation X’s churning out think pieces on millennials are just pissed off that they are not part of, what will eventually be, the richest generation and they are eventually going to be fucked in old age. It’s all pre-valid hatred.

creator of the musical The Good Enough Mums Club

hmm

2 Likes

i mean yeah, that’s fucking awful.

somewhere along the line, that subtext went from background to foreground as the focus changed from children to millennials

Oh I don’t know, did that maybe happen when the people that were kids for the first Pixar films grew up? Maybe the focus didn’t change from one group to another, but stayed on the same group of people as they grew up? Maybe having a lifetime’s investment in these stories will make people more likely to be interested in the 4th film in a franchise, when comapred to a 9 year old that probably watched them all within the last 2 years?

(I get that some parents wish that Pixar films were aimed at children a bit more, but still - that position above is just straight dumb)

1 Like

Top trolling, as yet another journalist/columnist denies the existence of their profession

Of every columnist at The Guardian I think she might be the worst.

1 Like

My god, the state of that.

Great Story :neutral_face:

“All you have to do is work in a really well-paying industry!”

5 Likes

And be the sort of teenager that is able to make entirely rational formula based decisions! Just what teens are known for.

spending the formative part of your career picking options entirely based on income sounds incredibly depressing

5 Likes

Notice how they never explain what their earnings were, or where they lived when they were saving?

How many other 20-somethings can save half a million dollars in seven years, and then think that their experience can be universal?

4 Likes

“pulsating with youth”

:face_vomiting:

Money injected directly into their veins

1 Like