Guardian (but mostly Adrian Chiles)

It is a really fucking awful cartoon but this reaction is hilarious. Hope the Guardian respond with a, “how we trolled the shit out of the Mail” piece.

What was the cartoon?

Also I like that the highlighted bit kind of admits that they also are fascist and purveyors of hate.

Imagine being so dedicated to making your audience terrified of everything, you’d attempt to scare them about a newspaper 161,000 people read and which gainfully employs Matthew D’ancona.

3 Likes

“TRIGGERED” as I think they would say.

1 Like

The best thing about that cartoon is that it looks more like a Steve Bell one than a Rowson one. Almost like he’s delivering a big fuck you to everyone in one go.

I’m really enjoying his squirming lately. I guess they were looking to the long game when they hired him. I once improved the intellectual value of a page of the paper with his article on it by, I’d estimate, a few thousand per cent by sketching out a proof of Pythagoras’ Theorem underneath his byline photo for someone.

2 Likes

I’m really up for a load of needlessly defensive mud slinging from both papers tbh

“the RIGHT” can’t seem to make up their mind whether “the LEFT” are weedy crybaby snowflakes or brutal violent hate mongers at the minute.

2 Likes

Tbf I’m having the same problem with my thoughts about the right.

is it gonna be cheaper now it’s tabloid

i honestly can’t remember the last time i saw a physical copy of the grauni, halfway thought they’d gone online only already

1 Like

And the most important and influential black person ever will be headlining tonight

8 Likes

love this post. check out pre-election ancona

then post:

ill-informed and clueless political pundit still cashing checks to the tune of 40k a year for his political punditry. careers like his are proof capitalism doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to.

2 Likes

this is total bullshit however you feel about lad bible awfulness.

I thought it was a good article, tbh.

8 Likes

Went to see Twelfth Night at the Globe on Friday. The bullying and humiliation of Malvolio is a classic example of the apparently modern version of ‘bantz’ that encompasses the humiliation of someone for the amusement of you and your mates. So nothing new then.

as a loose spin-off i went to college with this guy:

that article always does me because he was exactly how they describe him. nobody liked smoking weed with him.

I went to uni with him ha. He was a total knob.

1 Like