Guardian

not the Guardian but ahahaha

2 Likes

Actually, the Greatest Generation were the Boomers’ parents/grandparents…

4 Likes

They’re not even trying to hide it anymore are they? Absolute fawning guff.

1 Like

Tbf, I had to chuckle at that line.

1 Like

Love too live in a democracy where no large news outlet supports the opposition party and they pretty much all support the government.

Honestly, burn this fucking country down. It’s clear that we’re never going to gain any ground. For all intents and purposes we’ve been under Tory rule since the 70s.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Just vile

I’m completely confused about this I saw the letter Suzanne Moore posted today that I haven’t been able to find again as I only skimmed read it.

I know that there has been almost open warfare with columnists since last year. But I seem to have completely lost track of this story completely.

Am I right that Moore wrote a column that people didn’t like and now people in The Guardian are trying to get rid of her? Lineham sticking his oar in says this column was about feminism or something?

i haven’t seen the letter but my understanding was that it was asking the Guardian to stop publishing transphobic bile

1 Like

Seems about right:

Holy shit. Fuck off:

I hope once society has managed to move on to the point where it’s treating transpeople the way it currently treats gay people, we can all remember what these liberal, well educated people with a platform were doing. Because they’ll all be busy creating a very large hole in their memories, and being media people they’ll be perfectly positioned to do it.

5 Likes

I really really hate Marina Hyde. I hate her so much. Every time she does a smug quip I wish someone would reply something like “yeah well that’s rich, coming from Piers Morgan’s former mistress” or whatever.

Turns out this pandemic is all about her and her media rivalries

2 Likes

Bit of downplaying transphobia buried in a piece about the fallout of the Salmond trial on the SNP

Weird how some individuals face ‘social media abuse’ for their views and others face ‘criticism’ eh.

8 Likes

Tbf I’m sure they have faced actual abuse, would put money on them having received hate speech or death threats. However, making that out to be the major or only type of comments directed at them is just a tiiiiny bit misleading

7 Likes

can’t do with her or the smirking pic on her CiF columns