The Club Is (still) Open: all-encompassing GBV, Pollard et al. thread

Truly think The Disconnected Citizen is a late era classic/hit. Also really like this tune:

1 Like

Under the Bushes Under the Stars is SO good

5 Likes

Yeah. Absolutely love it at the moment. Took me a while to click with it, but Iā€™ve been rinsing it since January.

1 Like

just got round to giving Earth Man Blues a listen and itā€™s fairly solid, a nice surprise. not every track is a winner and there are no all time greats but a few tracks iā€™ll definitely be returning to.

2 Likes

New Cub Scouts track

This new or just something you stumbled on?

I dig it

Itā€™s old but not on YouTube I think. Someone dug it up in the Fb group

Guided By Voices - Biological Grandpa Warfare.
Out June 27th

Used to be on youtube, wonder why it disappeared

Never heard this song before as itā€™s on an album Iā€™m yet to get to but wow what a song , instantly into my top GBV songs.

1 Like

Itā€™s off an album I donā€™t really know to be honest. But I gave it a spin the other day because I heard an interview with Doug where he says he feels itā€™s a bit overlooked and he considers it one of the best heā€™s worked on. Everywhere With Helicopter is a fantastic tune though, aye :slight_smile:

That run of Earthquake Glue, Universal Truths, Half Smiles is a brilliant run of records. For some reason, Iā€™ve not listened to Universal Truths as much as the others but Iā€™m changing that now.

1 Like

new Cub Scouts track

New GBV track!

album out Oct 22nd

1 Like

ffs i havenā€™t listened to Cub Scout Bowling Pins yet

1 Like

i think the LP is pretty patchy but there are some decent cuts on it. Really dig the EP though

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty lackluster tbh. Apparently the process was Pollard sent band members Acapella recordings and each member made the music. Some are better than others and the instrumentals are good , band did best with what they had been given, but what they were given sounds like Pollard recorded these songs in about 10 mins between a few beers.

Weird that now Mark Shue has been on the front cover of as many GBV albums as Bob has.

2 Likes