Guinness (also starring Creamy Beamy)

Delicious stuff. Has to be in a place where they sell a fair amount and it moves through the line regularly, otherwise it tastes like butts but that’s not its fault. Cans aren’t bad now they’ve got the widget in either but bottled original Guinness tastes weird. Foreign Import (Nigerian) is fucking great and those porters they did are nice too. Other Irish stouts are available, and we can talk about them too if you like.

13 Likes

Beamish.

This post paid for by PROF$.

9 Likes

The self-fulfilling prophecy of ‘they serve good guinness there’.

We were told to pour ourselves the first pint of the day so no customer ever paid for it. Turns out it tastes fine if it’s free

13 Likes

I remember this being nice.

Gillespie’s-Malt-Stout-Ceramic-Beer-Font-Pump-Man

1 Like

Go to pint.

Want to try Beamish. Want to go back to Ireland.

1 Like

Never had it. Bf drinks it a lot and never have once been tempted with a sip.

Would try a black velvet though.

A little ‘life hack’ - if the pub only serves extra cold Guinness and you want regular, ask them to pop your pint in the microwave for 5 seconds - they have to do it by law.

22 Likes

Was offered Extra Cold Guinness in the Laurieston and they must have seen the looks on our faces. Just started pouring from the normal tap.

This post paid for by PROF$.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Fond of the odd Murphy’s too

6 Likes

Absolutely love it.

5 Likes

…is good for you™

I could go a Guinness right now.

1 Like

Great drink.

daytime guinness in a dark pub is the BEST

38 Likes

Empty pub, check
Light streaming in from outside, check
Can barely see the pint, check

14 Likes

Would kill a man to be sat at that table right now.

12 Likes

Was my go to pint back in the days of drinking. Not really discerning enough to tell what was good and bad.

not today you wouldn’t - it’s on the edge of Temple Bar - probably horrendous in there already :smiley:

2 Likes

Not my drink of choice but I liked pouring it. And drawing pictures in the foam. Sometimes a clover, sometimes a willy.

18 Likes

Reckon you can drink 2 pints of Guinness on a Sunday and it doesn’t count as drinking on a school night

2 Likes