Guinness (also starring Creamy Beamy)

Once drank seven cans before I had to take a piss. Will never beat that.

This post paid for by PROF$.

6 Likes

The residents hub downstairs is doing something st patricksy 7-9 tonight, gotta be a good chance of a free can or 2

€18.50 for chicken kiev and chips too. Scandalous.

3 Likes

prelockdown dis Ireland meat was it?

8 Likes

that’s probably relatively good value tbf :neutral_face:

1 Like

The day I saw off 22 pints was also the day I had a fry-up for breakfast, a mixed grill for lunch and a kebab for tea.

6 Likes

was the toilet written off the day after?

8 Likes

Yeah I only ever see it in a couple of bars in Dublin (The Long Hall is the only one I can remember offhand).

Think there are two bars doing it in Belfast (I think the Duke of York has it but I haven’t been in in a while). When the Sunflower first got Beamish in last year it sold out in hours. They always avoided getting Guinness in and just sold local Yardsman stout instead because Diageo are pricks apparently, but they would always get asked “Do you have Guinness?” about 30 times a day so the Beamish seems to be doing very well there

1 Like

Do you know, it wasn’t that bad. I think after a certain point it all just cancelled each other out. More impressive was that my mate Kirsty (5’2 and very small) matched me every step of the way and was also fine.

1 Like

My favourite pint and I plan on drinking several today as I have the day off. Completely forgot it was paddy’s day though so most pubs will be full of students in fancy dress

https://www.instagram.com/beautifulpints

This place on Abbey Street proudly advertises it, but i’ve never been in (looks a bit…grotty, even for me)

3 Likes

Same, don’t know what my record is but once did 10 pints before the lunchtime kick off had finished on a saturday at about 14.15 then stayed out for another 12 hours

1 Like

Love that page.

Was particularly fond of this pic as it’s from the first pub I went to in Dublin a few years ago. Was a pub crawl but could have happily stayed there all day.

1 Like

ah i’ve never been there as it’s so far out of the way, but i’ve heard great things

Actually have an offer for 2 free pints on my o2 priority app. Pub round the corner from my office……

in fairness they’ve had some of the best ads ever over the years

2 Likes

Means hanging around an extra 20mins at work though. Ahm oot!

Alcohol free Guinness is a delicious 2pm treat if you’re lying about all day knackered with Covid, I can confirm. Tastes great to me, but I have a virus that fucks with your sense of taste, so don’t quote me on that.

About 20 years ago a mate and I used to drink Guinness and Kahlua on the reg, nice slow Sunday daytime pints for idiots, can recommend.

Best pint of Guinness I’ve ever had was in the bar on the top of the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, apologies for that.

1 Like

Yeah, the adverts for sure, but also the whole “there’s no bad Guinness, it’s just badly served” thing. Very smart move.

2 Likes