Guten donnerstag

I ordered a burrito last night but didn’t think to choose a sauce before I was asked. I reflexively just chose one with smokey in the title, but it had a warning next to it which said it was extremely hot. The person at the till asked me if I was sure, and I didn’t want to appear like I was an idiot who hadn’t considered this decision so I said yes. I don’t like spicy food, but I’d commited.

When eating it, my nose and eyes were streaming throughout and had to have a break between each mouthful to just take it all in and slow down. Managed to finish it all but was basically like medicine.

My stomach is still fucked now.

11 Likes

Morning

It’s a level results day.

My daughter already knows she’s got into her uni of choice (the UCAS sight was updated at 7:30) but she won’t know her actual results until about 9. Pressure is off though, phew

I’m WFH today, fair bit to do. Then cinema to see the new Tarantino tonight.

9 Likes

I don’t bee-leave it

He’s doing a couple of WIP shows, one at summerhall, one at the stand. We’re at the former. Can’t imagine you’ll miss anything life changing!

Good luck! I hope they pass.

5 Likes

eating sausages

3 Likes

:honeybee:

Take it to the banger thread

I’m off to Cumbria later for a week. Working for some of the day first.

1 Like

I once bought a really appalling knock-off jacket from some burly Eastern European men who approached me in a motorway services and said they were on their way home from a fashion show with surplus stock. I very quickly realised it was dodgy, but I was too polite to say no because I’d already shown some interest. I annoyed myself into never doing it again.

5 Likes

Morning all,

WFH today, but looking at my calendar I’m not going to stop all day, and I’m going to have to work late. Do not like.

Stayed up until 4am writing an article about my home town that I’m really pleased with. Stupidly didn’t ask about payment beforehand and it turns out it’s £75 (was hoping for £120) which doesn’t seem worth the nocturnal activities.

Two hours sleep, woke up with a nosebleed. Should be going to playmobil film now but man, I cba. The day will drag so much if I don’t go though.

Someone come and babysit so I can sleep?

4 Likes

He’s attempting to make it, the bloody hero/madman. Which will probably just lead to him infecting half the site but I admire the commitment.

question your definition of “very quickly” here

2 Likes

I feel dizzy

Because I was running laps around the elevator this morning

Morgen.

Wahoo congrats!!! My little brother is still asleep, why doesn’t he care

Have fun in Berlin @anon75298087 and @malick!

1 Like

I’m still intrigued about the hood

Seems fairly self explanatory to me.

Drank a load of pints before the bus home last night. Must have gone to the onboard toilet more than the rest of the passengers combined.

Have to leave work at four to buy new jeans for a wedding we’re going to this weekend. I’ve bought more clothes in the last two weeks than I have in the past two years. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END