GW31 Football Thread- Iheanacho vs. Lingard in the battle of the league's best players

Seriously though, Lacazette did the club so proud tonight. Reckon he had them beat from the moment he took the knee right in their face and stared the fuckers down

1 Like

10 years since Barca and Madrid kicked off the four Clasicos in 18 days. I wrote a pretty mammoth retrospective about it - went back and watched them and the football was actually not at all that great, but I still don’t think we’ll see a more compelling rivalry in football.

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/were-the-best-fck-you-18-days-that-shook-barcelona-and-real-madrid/

7 Likes

United lads looking forward to Pogumentary on Amazon Prime?

https://d2x51gyc4ptf2q.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2016/05/DLOokYc8UKM-fB9H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg

10 Likes

how did i only just find out that lacazette’s been playing in these boots for the last three games

15 Likes

Since there’s PL tonight

on the subject of women’s football, katie whyatt’s coverage of it is really good and its a shame it’s hidden behind the athletic paywall
enjoyed this

Just realised that a City v Chelsea UCL final + a Utd v Arsenal Europa final will be the worst thing ever

City v Utd for the European Super Cup final in Belfast in August is gonna be super problematic

Chelsea v Arsenal on the other hand…

55y0nn

6 Likes

Enjoyed this write up. Don’t remember much from those games. My fading memory says Madrid basically tried to kick Barca off the park (Pepe and Ramos as head henchmen) and there was plenty of play acting and remonstrating from both sides in amongst the good bits of play.

2 Likes

Alex Scott had a column in the Morning Star? hope she’s a comrade

3 Likes

She has a degree in sports journalism and broadcasting.

Scott had a column in the Morning Star from 2012 onwards writing about life as a female footballer, including training camp routines, but she has admitted since she isn’t a true lefty.

I watched all four games back and the football itself wasn’t great considering that Barca were probably the best team ever. Entertainingly spiky though, so much drama/needle.

I reckon this probably happened, mystery solved

2 Likes

Correct!

Quite funny how each of the three players in the picture seem to be playing in a completely different game

2 Likes

Answer is in the question

satisfying goal that
only half watching but spurs don’t seem to have a midfield, what happened to hojbjerg being good?

He’s played every minute or thereabouts and is knackered

1 Like