Had an absolute mare

argos

Some great customer service here from ‘Michael’

13 Likes

laptop isn’t software mate, it’s fine. as long as you’ve got your receipt you’ll be reet. i was a christmas temp for argos like 15 years ago (holy shit) and i feel confident that i’m right (laptops weren’t really a thing then oh my god i’m old)

2 Likes

you’ll be fine, hardware isn’t classed as software because it is the opposite

22 Likes

Had a similar issue with an electronic device a couple of years back. Stuck to my guns over wanting my money back as everything within the box was still in its wrapping and unused. Assistant got bored and brought a manager over, the manager shrugged and gave me my money back (or probably a gift card or whatevs).

Hardware - softpeacee

1 Like

Yeah now is the time for the questions

1 Like

What counts as a notebook anyway?

1 Like

You absolutely can!

1 Like

Bought it cause i just searched by price and it was lowest

1 Like

Its growing on me a bit actually its not so small

3 Likes

Doesn’t bother returning it for two weeks, ends up with 52" 4K flatscreen with a teeny tiny keyboard flapping off the bottom of it

2 Likes

i’m now imagining that this is Michael from Alan Partridge and i’m enjoying it

Holy shit

3 Likes

This is how I shop tbf, though if I were buying a laptop now I’d just get another reconditioned ThinkPad because I literally love this thing

I mean the ‘lowest price’ thing is fine unless you actually have some other requirement, like your laptop has to be of a certain size, in which case I don’t think it’s a radical notion than you use
this while filtering for cost…

[Reminds me of when someone (@eltham?) found an IKEA living room chair for dirt cheap and we couldn’t work it out until it was noted it was a child’s version of the chair. ]

3 Likes

:grinning:

3 Likes

i was looking for a particular pair of trainers online a while ago and i kept thinking i’d found a great deal on them but they kept turning out to be children’s shoes.

i managed not to buy any of the children’s ones though

2 Likes

mate, laptops were a thing in 2005

1 Like

My mum once had to refund someone a vegetable (something like an avocado or cucumber) that was half-eaten, because the person decided it was faulty and had a receipt.

You can take your laptop back.

2 Likes

i bought my first laptop in 2007

i went to PC World and bought the cheapest one they had by some absolute no-name brand, and it was absolute dogshit. had to put up with it for 2 and a half years cos i was too tight to buy a better one until it finally broke. massive relief when it did tbh.

it wasn’t a notebook because it was 2007

1 Like