Half Man Half Biscuit

There are few greater joys than reading the tracklisting for a new HMHB album for the first time.

4 Likes

National Shite Day for national anthem. :+1:

I really enjoy it, some of their best individual songs on it (“words beginning with K N O, words that end with B H E A Deeeeeeeeee!”) but I don’t go back to the last album very often, it’s a bit more straightforward indie rock than their other albums I always think, there’s not much Descent Of the Stiperstones, Unfortunate Gwatkin, Used To Be In Evil Gazebo etc weird uniqueness. I think that’s why Bridgewater is my favourite just now.

1 Like

Very excited about this. Shame there’s not another small-town Devon mention on this one though after Totnes and Westward Ho!

1 Like

Prompted me to see if this was still online:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&mid=1p05Y2ziRUZGT5_e6trl8udY2VIw&ll=28.68447021537013%2C16.452004999999986&z=2
…needs updating though.

3 Likes

:grinning: amazing!

+2. I live 15 minutes away so it has to be really. Played it at my wedding (sadly not for walking down the aisle though)

1 Like

gonna have to stick on Achtung Bono tonight - been ages

this machine kills wasps

1 Like

Slightly irked they’ve got no gigs scheduled near the SW. Really wanna see 'em again, now.

Best time I saw them was in Ilminster. Not been to Ilminster before or since.

1 Like

last time I saw them was… one of the last gigs I went to I guess!

1 Like

Oof, epic set that. Would love to hear the cover of Bike!

1 Like

Yeah they’re irregular visitors to this part of the world. Saw them in Bristol about a week before lockdown (with one of the very worst crowds I’ve ever encountered, sadly).

I live in Bristol and love SWX (hope it’s back soon) but missed this one. What was bad about the crowd?

This is the only time I’ve seen them, 2015 on the Urge For Offal tour. It was great, I’m not a big fan of audience participation but the whole crowd shouting “FUCKIN’ 'ELL, IT’S FRED TITMUS!” tickled me immensely!

2 Likes

Really enjoying this so far.

3 Likes

Same. Awkward Sean goes straight into my top 10 HMHB songs I reckon!

2 Likes

I’d totally forgotten this was out today, excellent! Shame I have to wait until July for the vinyl.

TAKE YER CHIPS AND FUCK OFF HOME

7 Likes

It’s a belter. Somehow they’re bucking the trend of most bands by getting better as they get older (maybe ignoring Urge For Offal).

Nearly spat my tea out at the Cardiacs reference.

3 Likes