Halloween films [Audit] 🎃

Did you ever see Under the Shadow?

nah what’s that?

I’ve still not seen it follows.
Sleepy hollow is good fun

Thought It Follows had a really good premise and it starts out well but doesn’t deliver on it at all :confused: ending is v disappointing

2 Likes

Me neither, was looking forward to it until @ericthefourth piped up :wink:

2 Likes

Shamlessly stolen from Twitter…

5 Likes

i didn’t say i hated it :smiley: there was a lot i liked about it

Iranian djin film.

I absolutely loved it It’s basically set amongst the backdrop of the war in the 80s, and the father goes to war leaving his wife and daughter at home, where she starts experiencing visions of the djin, all while the threat of the war is moving closer to their house

It’s definitely the mostI’ve jumped at a film in the cinema. The actual spooks aren’t that new but I just totally invested in the story so it amped it up for me

2 Likes

oh yeah i heard about that, will give it a go

it’s on Netflix I believe

1 Like

Prevenge is on TV tonight as well on FilmFour

1 Like

oh nice, that’s me sorted then

Aye I went to see this last Halloween and it really did for me. Had to go all the way to a cinema in Kensal Rise but it was worth it cos they showed loads of Halloween-y music videos beforehand.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMR4CF5hzbx/?taken-by=aguywalkshomealoneatnight

2 Likes

Used to be fascinated by this cover in the tape shop when we went to rent videos out. Was often sat next to this -

2 Likes

this better not be a spoiler, irons!!

Henry Rollins is in the Michael Keaton one :+1:

1 Like

Looks like we’re watching Get Out instead of Hocus Pocus! I think that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

We watched Hocus Pocus last year thinking it would be cool nostalgia family friendly halloween bait. It was shit.

We watched The Witches on Sunday ditto ditto etc. It was shit.

Hmmmm “Kids, let me introduce you to a little Japanese film called Ringu. Yes a bit like Pingu I guess.”

It was a hologram or something wasn’t it?

Yep!