Hamish Kilgour (The Clean) RIP

Ach, that’s shite news.

Think it was Nestor who got me on to the Dunedin bands a few years ago. Them and the Verlaines were cool cats.

2 Likes

Did they play on all the reunion dates? I saw them at the Barras and think I skipped the support, and if I missed The Clean … :upside_down_face:

No they just played one London support slot, Pavement’s All Tomorrow Parties and a solo date at the ICA.

2 Likes

He seems to know what’s up but I guess it’s not really his dream to sell Ramones t-shirts to tourists all day

1 Like

RIP Hamish Kilgour. Got into The Clean off a Pitchfork review for a compilation in the early 00s. Noticed the track Big Cat was obviously the inspiration for the record label which Pavement has released on. Love the Getaway album. Missed them live which is a regret- I saw the Pavement gig at Brixton but was another support act that night. A sad, sad day.

1 Like

Technically Pavement are a Flying Nun band as the label released their albums in New Zealand.

2 Likes

they’ve covered The Clean as well

(sounds like it might be Spiral on his own)

this cover is great

don’t know loads of The Clean but a good pal is a big fan and introduced me to some of their early stuff a few years ago

this was always my favourite of the ones she showed me

2 Likes

Ooh