Hampshire meet in March/April?

Saw Klaxons there twice :grimacing: (once on a NME tour thing, and once supported by Chrome Hoof), The Young Knives (supported by ESA favs Blood Red Shoes and Bombay Bicycle Club still in their GCSE years). Christ, can’t remember who else

1 Like

I saw them touring Around The Fur at Newcastle Riverside in 1998(?) and really enjoyed it, but I somehow ended up pulling a hot girl while they played Be Quiet and Drive so I don’t think my fond memory is totally based on the music.

1 Like

Overdraft on Jewery Street, couple of doors down from Spoons. There’s one in Shirley and they opened in Winchester last year maybe. Quite nice, regularly rotating beers

saw them at the barrowlands and they were pretty good

/ i was hammered and loving it

1 Like

That seems ill-advised. Shall we stop for a beer at… hmmm… on second thought, i’m broke

Ha ha ha, so called as the one in Shirley is in an old bank

Isn’t too unreasonable £3.80-4 a pint of cask and a fiver for sludge, generally

Fiver for sludge, not unreasonable. What have we become? My sweetest friend. Everyone I know goes away in the end.

2 Likes

30/03 is a goer for me, just may not have any cash!

1 Like

YOU ARE HAMPSHIRE
You are two mediocre football teams who hate each other. You are the New Forest, which, to be fair, is quite nice. Are you the Isle Of Wight? Technically, I think so. You are a whole bunch of towns like Fleet and Aldershot and Farnham and Farnborough. You are Portchester Castle. You are sandwiched between Dorset and Sussex and might well be a Fiendish Single on AQOS if the question was “A county on the south coast of England”. You are Fred Dinenage presenting the news. You are not an island. Except for the Isle of Wight.

3 Likes

think this was the first time i saw BSP

This was mine

Followed very quickly by this one…

Ok back to meet chat now guys

6th april fleet services, burger king and mcdonalds both available

3 Likes

v. close to my birthday, so I’m in

1 Like

If it’s on the 30/03, we could get the fenino lot in via skype.

5 Likes

I did not have any trees on my head

1 Like

oh fuq

Going to need a name to rival them. How about the Fleet Fuckses?

Thread is a hot mess but yes IN pretty much whenever because I live here.

Would suggest Butchers Hook to Unity Brewery Taproom to Hobbit for a pint of blue muck to Bookshop Alehouse to Rockstone for a massive burg to Belgium and Blues capped off by Heartbreakers for cocktails and weird dancing until 4am.

1 Like

Sounds amazing. Always wanted to get to Unity, but never had a reason to. And Butcher’s Hook is the best pub eva

My absolute king of nights out would end with us at the Dungeon throwing shapes to Puddle Of Mudd but it’s not there any more. Feel like pure shit just want her back etc.

1 Like