Handed

I’m right handed. It whenever I pick up a guitar my instinct is to try to play it the other way round. I think they made guitars wrong.

I’m left handed but I’ll do stuff right handed if that’s how it is eg guitar, eating, scissors. not sure what else there is?

1 Like

A superb showing in the left handed lads crew.

Interesting that our ratio is much higher than in the average population. Were 24% of us that desperate for indie points when we were learning to write? It makes sense on a music forum I guess (left handedness typically associated with being more creative).

I have the most indie points though as women are less likely to be right handed than men :pray:

1 Like

I still can’t use right handed scissors. Quite embarrassing how hard it is

1 Like

I reckon my cutting would be loads better with one of those lefty pairs. Wrapping paper always looks bad.

I think honestly if I’d picked up a left handed guitar I’d be a better guitar player today. I came to it after a few years of learning piano and I couldn’t understand why the hand I’d been using to create melody now had the rhythm job and I had to twist my left hand into knots trying to find chords when it was used to just chonking along.

Agree with this. I’m left handed and play guitar right handed, but that makes more sense esp. with strumming. All the hard work is being done with the left hand

I’m left handed for:

• writing
  • playing cricket/tennis/golf (hypothetically anyway: it’s been ages since I’ve done any of these things)

And right handed for:

• playing guitar
  • using scissors
  • holding a mouse
  • some other stuff

Lefty:

writing
sports
politics lolll

Righty:

guitar

Ambidexty (tend towards right but sometimes use left)

mouse
scissors

Right handers are the straight white males of the which-hand-do-you-write-with world.

Hashtag Just Saying.

1 Like

I feel like the poll is more exciting to answer if you’re left-handed, which might also contribute to the high showing

1 Like

time for the real quiz

you skate with your weaker foot at the front? (aka regular if right handed)

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Left handed. Right footed. Skate regular.

The link counter fucked you up.

Sini-a-ster?

I might have fucked this poll up eh

I think I put my weaker foot at the front of the skateboard cos I’d rather fall on to my stronger side

At least, that’s what I’ve always believed

My experience is that if you give someone a guitar who doesn’t know anything about it they’ll instinctively put the fretboard in their good hand because that seems to be the intricate part.

I guess it’s come about this way because in the past stringed instruments like this would be plucked fast by your good hand and likely tuned to a key so that the left hand did less.

When you play a lot I’d say it’s usually true your good hand has to do much faster quicker and more precise work even with a plectrum, compared to the left hand which is really just being taught to make shapes on demand.

1 Like

You didn’t have an option for, “I fall the fuck off and hurt myself” but I’ll vote that when you do :smiley: