Happy 20th Birthday "Bleed American"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=383640659783972&id=100044141240771

20 years today Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World was released. What an album. Let’s celebrate! :raised_hands:

12 Likes

God I’m old

3 Likes

remember when they had to rename it Salt Sweat Sugar

9 Likes

Not a big fan but this album is just end to end :100: moments.

Wild to think A Praise Chorus was never a single.

7 Likes

Bought the cd from a record fair after that, as they had the real title, even though I foolishly didn’t think I liked it at the time. Was wise to buy it, at least

1 Like

you know what, I’ve never owned a Jimmy Eat World record actually

1 Like

I own that CD and bought Clarity on vinyl. I think that gnome has Static Prevails and Futures on CD, too.

2 Likes

Same! I’m not a huge Jimmy Eat World fan really but this album was just such an important part of my discovering music, and my growing up really and one I do go back to from time to time still.

Also yes that song is an absolute banger!

Same…how is this 20 years ago? :sleepy:

1 Like

Pain is my favourite song but mostly cause it reminds me of Tony Hawks Underground2

3 Likes

Good song and good game tbf!

1 Like

I get that. I’m more of a fan than that, but definitely see them as a band that I like because of experiences they’ve soundtracked.

It was the just Bleed American the song that was renamed though, right? Pretty sure the album just became ‘Jimmy Eat World’ by Jimmy Eat World.

CRIMSOOOOOON AND CLOOVEEERRRR, OVEEEEEER AND OVEEEER

10 Likes

You might be right actually yeah

Oooh I’m not sure. Think that might be right tbf.

What a banger.

3 Likes

Ooh there’s a deluxe edition with a bunch of extra tracks on Spotify. I’m going in!

1 Like

The Prodigy cover is surprisingly dull

1 Like

Enjoy!

It’s OK, a little underwhelming from what I recall tbf.