🎈 Happy Birthday Drowned in Sound 🎈

Hired a pub and pub up lots of ‘happy 18th’ balloons.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday DiS.

Cheers for a daily dose of snark and casual radiohead chat.

Went to the long since knocked down and replaced with flats, RG1’s with some mates, which was technically the night before, meaning I woke up with a hangover and so much regret, before being taken out for my first driving lesson by my dad.

exact same :smile: at one point the bar manager goes ‘so presumably the rest of you already turned 18 right…’ ‘erm… yes?’

4 Likes

I hope not, the new boards are great.

Maybe the link between the actual DiS website and these boards needs to be built back…because I presume it’s had a bad effect on traffic.

1 Like

I was going to reply to Grant Nicholas’ post on your fb but I bottled it coz I ended up on DiS from an unofficial Feeder messageboard and, as a 32 year old, this was too embarrassing for me to admit to a member of Feeder. @sean validate me

1 Like

Happy birthday dis! :birthday: Thanks for the new boards sean

Maybe whenever an article is posted on the site, a thread could be made on the music board linking to it, then people could see it and discuss it if they want.

(it’s possible that this already happens, I’m not on the music board that often)

2 Likes

It doesn’t. But it should

I like the new forums. Don’t you?

Have done an audit of who didn’t wish DiS HB btw.

It hasn’t affected traffic at all.

I think the new forums are great:

• they generally work as intended (no threadsmashes etc)
  • avatars etc help “personalise” users
  • easy upload of links / pics
  • lots* of lovely new users! Plus lurkers who have started posting properly

Good work, Sean and Discourse

* comparatively

2 Likes

hbdis ilu :kissing_heart:

Happy Birthdday DiS. This place makes my dull office job a lot more worthwhile, discovered so much great new music here over the last few years its been a dream.

Loving everything about these boards, apart from the time one of your mods decided to ban me for some reason. That wasn’t cool.