About time to start drinking

17 Likes

Nor way pet!

4 Likes

Do you get a day off work for it?

Happy Norway Day wr!

1 Like

Oh yeah mate

Hence the 16th being a big party day, especially for youngsters (I am no longer a youngster, so stayed in last night preparing for today)

Nice one, happy Norway day! What do you eat/drink/do?

Du er ikke den sum odelegger fitte.

Only Norwegian that I know. Sorry.

1 Like

One of the best flags tbh

#HUP HUP NORWAY

2 Likes

Most people have a breakfast/brunch type thing (my brunch guests are arriving soon), cause keep in mind we have work tomorrow so need to get on that daytime drinking early. Typical brunch food for today is stuff like scrambled eggs, cured meats, smoked salmon etc. And a lot of prosecco/cava etc.

However it’s also a big day for the children. There’s a massive parade for all the school kids through town, and in the capital where I grew up you get to walk past the royal palace and see the royals waving at you and stuff. Basically, this is what the city centre will look like today:

Despite all the flags it’s not actually a fascist march though and everyone is welcome, pretty sure they allow flags from different countries now as well, certainly national costumes from different countries have been quite standard for a while. Obviously after we were invaded by the Germans etc we love to celebrate our country and independence but also really don’t like fascists so most of the time, most of us manage to keep that balance…

2 Likes

Yeah we’ve definitely got a winner there

What’s the story with young norwegians wearing red dungarees?

But I do ruin cunts

2 Likes

If I had, or ever end up possessing, one then you’d be my first choice to fucking destroy it . :heart: LOVE YOU WR :heart_exclamation:

1 Like

A-levels graduates. They’re called “russ”, google it if you want. It’s getting super ridiculous with people spending literally thousands of pounds etc though

LOVE YOU TOO 29 <3

1 Like

Have a very lovely day, friend.

1 Like

It’s Norway Day, let her have this one mate.

7 Likes

First drink open

(Havent eaten anything yet)

4 Likes

Glad syttende Mai WR

1 Like