Happy St Patrick's day morn!!! (2021) šŸ€ šŸ‡®šŸ‡Ŗ

Hope everyone has a good one. I donā€™t know that Iā€™ve even seen a Guinness since since I moved out here :cry: Itā€™s bad there isnā€™t at least a stout emoji.

Good morning @1101010 and everybody else. I met this unit of a stag on the way home from work. Sleeps time now.

28 Likes

Donā€™t worry - no one in Ireland has had a pint of Guinness for a year either

I am going to celebrate with a traditional Irish pizza later.

2 Likes

I hope even if you were alone you made a point of going, ā€œOh! DEER!ā€

3 Likes

Morning all!

Today is surprisingly similar to yesterday except Iā€™ll actually be teaching a class this afternoon.

Weā€™re not doing anything traditional for SPD - no Irish food; no stupid leprechaun hats; nobody listening to The Pogues. I would love a pint of Guinness in a pub though.

I remember going out with a girl on SPD when neither of us realised it was the Guinnpocalypse that night. It was a real struggle finding somewhere that wasnā€™t full of lads in rugby shirts and hats for a drink.

Please tell me this is a real thing.

Shoutout to my great great great (no idea how many greats) grandmother who lived in a bog and was accused of being a witch.

21 Likes

Goals?

1 Like

Itā€™s another sad Paddyā€™s Day in lockdown. :sob:

Going to work but having zoom drinks with my fellow ex pats tonight.

1 Like

Well funnily enough theo, where I live now (whalley range) for most of its life until the mid 1800s, was a bog

3 Likes

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

Iā€™ll be here all day, every day

Exactly one year ago the first in the series was posted

Want to play a game of ā€œspot the differenceā€?

16 Likes

Morning thought today was Thursday while on the bus. Massive disappointment.

1 Like

HSPD

decided iā€™m gonna get some glasses with a translucent frame

2 Likes

In honour of the Tories trying to curb our rights I dug out my Glastonbury ā€˜97 t-shirt pointing out how evil Majorā€™ s governmentā€™s law was about musical gatherings.

Canā€™t remember what the specific legislation was. Maybe @marckee or @BodyInTheThames will?

4 Likes

Gonna do some yoga.

And tell shrewbie heā€™d suit translucent framed glasses

@shrewbie youā€™ll suit translucent framed glasses

1 Like

Presumably the 1994 Criminal Justice Act?

EDIT: yup

4 Likes

Yup Criminal Justice Bill, which became the Criminal Justice Act in 1994

Sold as an anti-rave legislation but basically that was just an excuse to extend powers (as always)

Highly recommend Jeremy Dellerā€™s ā€™Everybody in the Placeā€™ documentary/lecture to put it in wider context

Everybody In The Place - An Incomplete History of Britain 1984 -1992 by Jeremy Deller - YouTube

3 Likes

Morning all.

Iā€™m really, really tired. Think itā€™s probably the Nytol because I had a solid 8 hours of sleep but Iā€™m scared to come of it until the weekend.

:coffee: Woke my bf up effing and jeffing after tripping up and spilling two mugs of coffee all over the wall and floor (and myself). Not quite the relaxing coffee in bed experience I was intending. One year anniversary of WFH and my work has sent me a care package, very sweet.

7 Likes

Spectacular fail :grinning:

I hope nothing and no one was permanently harmed obviously

1 Like

Ah yeah. Such a load of shit.