Happy Thursday fellow DiSonians

Hello! How is everyone?

Many of you will surely wonder why on earth I am up this early, as I am rarely seen this side of noon at all. Well, interesting story: I am on a train to a horror film festival! And let me tell you, staring out the window at full on autumnal Norway for a few hours is quite lovely.

Hardly got any sleep last night though :sleeping:

6 Likes

Hey WR

Met ProfK for a couple of drinks last night. Top guy. Day off today, going to meet my new boss for coffee today at my new store. Catching up on the apprentice. Absolutely hilarious

7 Likes

Morning wr
Iā€™m ok, ta. Decided Iā€™m going to brave going to a board games night with randomers in Leeds this evening. @Epimer give me strength

11 Likes

Hiya WR and DiS!! :wave:

A horror film festival?? Thatā€™s very cool! What are you planning on seeing?? I am very excited for you :smile:

Morning all

Just sounds friggin perfect

@Twinkletoes is that with just a casual group of people or proper srs board gamers?

1 Like

Morning. This is my day:

Bye for now!

1 Like

Dunno - itā€™s a meetup group called ā€˜Leeds Geek Fusionā€™. Read into that what you will. I am a quasi-penoid board-gamer who loves video games and sci-fi so I feel reasonably confident Iā€™ll fit inā€¦

Ah right, yeah I was just gonna say Iā€™ve been to a few but as Iā€™m not a gamer my enjoyment depended on what the general group ethos was. Sounds like youā€™ll be grand.

1 Like

Here is the program: Ramaskrik | Program

I have a bit of work to do while Iā€™m there (some for the actual festival and some other stuff that just canā€™t wait) so I probably wonā€™t get to see everything that I want to, but I always have a super nice time there ā€“ itā€™s my fifth time attending it this year!

2 Likes

I would like to come too, please.

Come next year! :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve not heard of any of those, which probably says more about my horror knowledge than anything else, but ā€œHappy Death Dayā€ did make me smile :smiley:

You do realise that both Psycho and Suspiria are on that list? (Also itā€™s completely normal to not have heard of many films before theyā€™ve had festival screenings!)

Iā€™m really really hoping that this one will be good, definitely looks like my sort of thing:

Didnā€™t see that

This is embarrassing but Iā€™d not heard of this

Tragedy Girls looks absolutely bleak btw. Iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t look good but I can imagine coming out feeling a bit depressed about the world.

1 Like

Morning dahlinks. Got a half day today so gonna spend the morning loafing and drinking coffee. Watching some seinfeld. :sunglasses: :coffee:

1 Like

Donā€™t wanna

1 Like

morning WR / DiS

was supposed to be back at work today but donā€™t want to go. think iā€™ll just stay in bed instead. have no food or coffee or anything though so that could be a problem.

can confirm :blush:

2 Likes

TODAY IS MY FRIDYA!

1 Like

Just finishing my day then off to Lady Elliot Island tomorrow for one last trip before we move back to Europe. Weather is supposed to beā€¦ Not great, but whatcha gonna do?

Only thing not so nice is that because Iā€™m going further north I can pretty much see it get colder and colder outside. Ice on the water, that sort of thing. Ugh.