0 voters

Sekiro

• Why yes, I am an elite gamer
  • Waaaaaah why can’t I hide behind a shield waaaaaah

0 voters

I can’t believe Crash Bandicoot was so popular amongst kids, it’s solid

12 Likes

Right!

I got the newer version on PS4, it’s still well difficult like the original one.

2 Likes

Just watched the start of a Let’s Play for Ecco the Dolphin. You just had to jump really high to start the game properly?! I think I rented it and spent the entire time jumping about in the first rock pool area

2 Likes

I had to look up an online guide on how to pass a bridge level on one of the old ones, it was stressing me out that much

2 Likes

Casper too for PS1! There was a switch which was invisible really

1 Like

The lion king

• Got past the stampede level
  • Disney is a really evil corporation huh

0 voters

1 Like

Ninja Gaiden (Black)

• Master Ninja
  • Ninja Dog

0 voters

The Evil Within

• Within my abilities
  • Too Evil for me

0 voters

Love the idea of hard games and “lives” just being a hangover of the arcade days in the 80s and just shaking you down for more cash.

Truth be told I haven’t had a console since the ps2 so if I get access to a game I just take it extremely slowly. I want all the content so I want it to be difficult. Then they disappoint me by ending, Dark Souls could be at least double the length imho.

1 Like

Only Discworld out of those, which almost definitely would have required a walkthrough because I was a little child. This is where I say again that more detective games should have run with Discworld Noir’s notebook system (And adventure games generally actually - it allows for your inventory style puzzling without it jarring too much with the story, definitely better than replacing them with SENDING ME TO FIND SOME FUCKING BOTTLES, LIFE IS STRANGE)

1 Like

Bosses in Evil Within 1 gave me a sore throat from all the yelling. And I wouldn’t say I’m normally a shouty angry games man

Hollow Knight

• Yeh
  • Nah

0 voters

1 Like

The bonus level in that ps4 version is literally mind meltingly hard

1 Like

I liked dying so often it went from horror to farce to a sort of meta-horror. Definitely a game I felt was willfully provoking me and I needed to show who was boss.

1 Like

Bloodborne

• Completed it, mate
  • Got killed by sickle-wielding cockneys / cosmic beasts / Mr Meseeks
  • Never played

0 voters

I am very close to the end of this and am wondering how many of the proper pain in the arse bits I can be bothered with. After the White Palace, not sure I have the patience for stuff like Godhome.

if White Palace is the platforming bit that was the hardest and most frustrating part of the game imo

Simpsons is the only arcade game I ever completed - on a family holiday to Tenby, still makes me proud

1 Like

Yeah, the bit with all the saws. Get absolutely no satisfaction from bits of games like that.

1 Like