Hard Games

Quit after 2 minutes

1 Like

I remember first enemy encounter, I really did wonder if I’d just pissed a tenner down the drain

Put it in the gaming thread but didn’t make it that far. Saw how the character ran, saw the menu involved crafting and potions and shit, closed it and deleted

2 Likes

These games are so hard I’ve barely even heard of most of them, let alone beaten them

2 Likes

Ghosts And Goblins: Gargoyles Quest on the Gameboy.

• Gargoyles YES
  • Gargoyles fuck this I’m going to play Super Mario Land again

0 voters

I remember on The Getaway there was a mission half way through which was in like 4 parts and quite tricky, but made all the worse at there being no checkpoints or save options mid mission so if you died, you had to restart it all over again including the cutscenes. Infuriating

1 Like

The game boy had some absurdly hard games, hard to imagine anyone ever bothering to complete them. Especially when the difficulty was mostly down to the controls literally not being precise enough to do what you needed to do

Celeste

• All the C-sides too, pal
  • Yeah I climbed the mountain
  • I keep hitting the spikes (no)

0 voters

Super Metroid

• With just a little help…
    • Sans Walkthrough
    • Nope

0 voters

The Witness

• big brain
  • small brain

0 voters

don’t think you need to finish games really. just play them for a few hours and you get the gist

2 Likes

Horace

• I cleared 1,000,000 pieces of junk
  • I got to the final credits
  • Fuck you robot, and your shameless nostalgia

0 voters

Never even played any of these games let alone completed them

• I, too, could never get past the bridge at the very start
  • I’m superhuman so got past that but still didn’t finish
  • U wot m8 piece of piss

0 voters

(Bought this as a present for a four year old. Fuck, it’s tough man!)

2 Likes

Can’t remember for sure if I actually finished it without cheating but pretty sure that if I did, it wouldn’t have been within the time. I do remember it being very difficult.

GTA San Andreas

• Followed all the speed laws and won fair & square
  • spawns tank
  • All you had to do is follow the damn train, Ruffers! (never finished)

0 voters

You’re just listing any games now

I reckon it was trickier on PS4. I played the original a lot, and really struggled with the remake. Much less forgiving, I reckon.

Maniac Mansion
  • Doctor Fred’s got nothing on me
  • Used a guide
  • Ended up like a hamster in a microwave

0 voters

Funny how LucasArts, after this, positioned themselves in opposition to how cruel Sierra games could be (is it Police Quest where you can die because you forgot to lock your car door ages before?), given that Maniac Mansion is borderline impenetrable at points

I think there are some character combinations thst render it unwinnable even