Harold Budd RIP

Sad to hear about the passing of another legend. Loved his work with Eno and Robin Guthrie.

1 Like

Had no idea that him and Robin had a new album out! Gonna give that a listen in the morning.

3 Likes

I was just listening to his new album with Guthrie today

Love the record that he made with the Cocteau’s, skeletal and ghostly

Pavilion Of Dreams is one of my favourite records of all time. Changed the way I thought about music.

He left a long list of incredible works, must investigate the recordings with Cocteau Twins now.

1 Like

Needlessly to say Another Flower is absolutely sublime. Delicate, fragile and really transportive. Definitely signing off on a high point.

1 Like

Me too! Union Chapel? I did wonder if that was going to be my last chance to see him. So sad. Such a beautiful legacy of music he has left behind.

1 Like

Only really know him through his work with Eno (which I love). Just listened to Pavilion of Dreams for the first time - it’s brilliant. RIP.

1 Like

I think along with Kallgeese, you’ll both really enjoy The Moon and the Melodies with all it’s woozy and dreamy soundscapes.

1 Like

Some lovely stuff on there, thanks - the switch between the more stripped back stuff and the more Cocteaus stuff is a bit sudden in places!

1 Like

Just heard this, shit.
RIP.

So many beautiful albums and great collaborations

Can totally see what you mean but definitely think each artists contributions compliment each other nicely. I think the more instrumental works between Guthrie and Budd mesh their styles together really nicely - like on this: