Harvey Weinstein and Hashtag Me Too: A Rolling Thread

Seems a little more complicated than the headline but still pretty grim reading :frowning:

There are few acts I could ever regret more in this life," she said, adding: "To Aurora: You have been on my mind and in my heart every day this year. I love you. I will always love you. I will always work to right that wrong. In that way, you have made me a better woman and a better feminist.

oh fuck off.

Is there such a concept as an over apology? That’s what some of these seem like to me; if you’ve really fucked up and genuinely apologise then that’s something - but no one believes those particular extra embellishments do they?

It’s probably not my place to say it, but why on earth would you even bother reporting a sexual assault to the police if (a) they don’t generally manage to gather the evidence correctly, (b) the CPS cock it up something like 80 per cent of the time, ( c ) you get your whole life raked over in trial for ‘evidence’ of your consent, and (d) the jury is going to be packed with rape apologists anyway? Burn society, it’s done.

Thats a properly depressing read. How hard can it be to understand - non consensual = rape. end of.

Fucking hate people

But pollsters for YouGov found more than a third of over-65s do not regard non-consensual sex in marriage or a relationship as rape, compared with 16% of people aged 16 to 24.

May I again gently adjure that generation to hurry up and die.

kinda think this thread should have a different title maybe since it’s been established that he’s a rapist and these aren’t really just ‘claims’

and it’s also now not got anything to do with that case, it’s just a rolling thread for talking about awful things people have done and sexual violence in general

Saw an interesting thread on this earlier. Ally is an ally (what a great sentence) and though he writes about men’s issues he is as far from an MRA as you can get, so none of this comes from a place of agenda afaik:

She is just fucking hateful

when ‘if a man forces a woman to have sex in a park at night’ doesn’t get 100% of people saying that it’s definitely rape… what the hell is wrong with humans