Have you been blocked by a celebrity on Twitter?

Actually I remember something like this happening on Twitter and it turned out there was a weird app out there that blocked Twitter users that followed someone you blocked? I think it was popular during GamerGate times where you needed an EXTREME block.

Anyway, I just presumed something like this had happened where you’d followed someone who’d been an arsehole and just been canned on the side.

it’s some times helpful to ask them if they are the real celebrity, for example: “are you the real dave benson phillips?”

2 Likes

Ah no. But I can see that pre-emptive blocking might come in handy if you’re a public figure.

I’ve done nothing. I’m surprised anyone took that seriously to be honest.

twitter’s weird

Yay, I knew someone would have been.

Do you know why?

who was the actress that tweeted blaming Jeremy Corbyn for the lorry attack in Nice? i went on to read that and the replies and found that she’d already blocked me. i’d never encountered her before so no idea how or why.

Great anecdote, Ted.

Are ATP a celebrity?

This is a fun character, I think we should explore it more.

What sexual stuff did you say to De Vito?

Is @stumbley a celebrity?

I think we should explore it less.

For the purposes of this thread, why not?

Had the gall to comment on their incompetence

1 Like

I think history will be on your side.

3 Likes

You can’t bail on it that early.

I can and will.

It was meant to be throw away.

Let’s leave it thrown away.

Blocked by Bob Mortimer. I never tweeted at him at all, but one day he was tweeting a lot, so I unfollowed him. I accompanied this by a tweet saying “Just unfollowed Bob Mortimer, sorry Bob”

Please note, I didn’t @ him, and I did apologise. I feel my blocking was harsh.

My solicitor has advised me to back pedal at warp speed.

2 Likes