Have you ever done any competitive eating?

whit?!

1 Like

I HAVE EXPLAINED MYSELF

1 Like

I would eat that breakfast.

4 Likes

Getting a lot of good ideas from this thread

4 Likes

Absolute state of it.
Breakfast looks rough too.

1 Like

When I was about 15 or 16 - a growing lad and, in retrospect, probably a bit undernourished - I went to a family wedding in Valencia, followed by a reception and sit-down dinner. By the time dessert was served (some kind of cake) everyone was full, so I asked around the table if I could eat their leftover slices.

Eventually word got around that this crazy English kid was eating as much cake as you could put in front of him, and I ended up being cheered on by a gang of teenagers, plates stacked ever higher either side of me. By the end of the night I had to be physically carried to the car by my parents.

I’d like to say I look back with embarrassment, but it was probably my finest moment on the world stage. Wasn’t even competitive eating, I just really like cake.

14 Likes

Still the most American thing I have ever read

3 Likes

I’ve got like 10 or 15 tshirts

How quickly can you eat them? You win a burrito if it’s within 15 minutes.

1 Like

Having watched a load of these vids the main thing that ensures success seems to be speed - you’ve got to do it in 10-15 mins if you can before your body notices. Also you need a drink, sweet one if possible. Just force it all down immediately.

1 Like

When I was about 16 some friends and I had a competition to see who could eat the most Pringles in one mouthful with no crumb spillage. I managed 17.

1 Like

did you win?

I think so