Have you ever dug up enough earth to bury a body?

It’s quite a trope in fiction, the point where someone digs a hole big enough to bury someone.

The thing is, I’ve dug a fair bit in garden’s I’ve had access to and beyond about a 8 inches it usually becomes a nightmare. I reckon I’d never be able to bury a body, just too much work.

1 Like

the first in a series of threads…

Recommend Me A Carving Knife
How To Remove Your Fingerprints
Living With Guilt

24 Likes

As teenagers we’d hang out in the park behind my house. We’d go to Netto and load up on very cheap booze and these big boxes of crisps.

One day we found a spade and we started to dig a hole.

Soon enough we started joking that we could bury someone. Somebody mentioned that we could bury Lee Smith from school in it.

Lee Smith was just a mate, like.

For some reason we started taking it really seriously, and every time we were there someone would be slaving away digging this huge hole. Not sure why, other than having the potential to bury Lee Smith, which I’m not sure we were ever really going to do.

Eventually we had a really large hole, and we didn’t know what to do with it.

One day we got there and the council (or some bloody do-gooder) had filled the hole in. Real shame.

To my knowledge, Lee Smith lives on.

One day, Lee.

29 Likes

Surely it’s really easy once you get rid of the grass layer as there’s nothing clinging onto the ground to make it difficult.

Reckon I could do it in 30 minutes to an hour

the ground gets harder as you go down

1 Like

Isn’t it just made of mud?

hard mud

4 Likes

no it gets harder as you go on. if it was that easy we’d all be going round digging graves on a weekend, and no one would be half-assing it with these shallow graves

3 Likes

2 hours?

mate you’d be knackered. especially if we’re talking a 6 foot deep hole that could fit an adult of, say, Lee Smith’s size inside it.

8 Likes

What if you just buried them above ground and put a bunch of rocks and junk on top to cover them up instead?

4 Likes

You’d spot their brass hand poking out from under the rubble

2 Likes

Oh is that what happens to him

I couldn’t be bothered with the hole. Easier to just not kill them I think.

4 Likes

yes, about 2-3 times every couple of weeks. I operate a backhoe could bury a lot of people in a short amount of time with a backhoe.

2 Likes

God you’re so American

9 Likes

i also get paid for it :grin:

2 Likes

this is how I imagine you

2 Likes

its more like this. hee hee

4 Likes

aww. i love it when dogs are shit at stuff

2 Likes