have you ever sat in a seat on the aeroplane that has the emergency exit?

No but I would love to, the knowledge I could blow (well, open) the thing wide open, oftentimes given lots of legroom, perfect.

Emergency exit doors open inwards initially so they canā€™t be opened during the flight due to the pressure differential between the pressurised cabin and the non-pressurised outside :+1:

3 Likes

Same happened to me due to my prosthetic arm, so yes I also sat in one for about ten minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like

thatā€™s a relief!

1 Like

Mate of mine was telling me the other day that she got moved from the emergency row last month due to being 7 months pregnantā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, once

It was a US domestic flight from Phoenix Sky Harbor to LAX. Nothing exciting happened.

I wish I could more often. Iā€™m the wrong height for long haul air travel

2 Likes

Yes, flying London to Kiev, so a long enough flight for it to be a real boon. Was a lucky random assignment. When we got to the seats there were some kids sat in them. Dunno if it was a mix up or parents chancing their arm, but we were judged more suitable to be the guardians of the emergency door after they came and checked our boarding passes several more times.

Big cans of Ukrainian lager 3 Euro 50, a pretty good in flight price, and apprently not likely to intefere with our emergency readiness.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever done it when Iā€™ve been flying with mates who are over six foot tall.

I should get asked more often - I look like a responsible person who would step up to the plate in an emergency.

1 Like

Yes - on a flight to Vietnam from Heathrow. Was off on holiday to Thailand with some friends and didnā€™t didnā€™t really cotton on to the fact at check in that they were clearly asking us whether we were OK with being seated next to emergency seat or what that would mean in terms of leg room. Got on the flight to find that the seats we had were ones where the only space in front of us was for stewards to sit in take off and landing. I remember being giddy with how much we had lucked out and the fact I could stretch my legs out fully for most of a 11 hour flight or whatever it was.

Iā€™m 6ft 6 so yes, frequently.

2 Likes

I always think, if thereā€™s a proper emergency, my ability to open the door or not is probably a total non factor.

pulls handle and throws little door onto the wing

ā€˜Yep, should be fineā€™

SIR, DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THE INCREASED RESPONSIBILITY THAT COMES WITH THIS SEAT?? DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE WHEREWITHAL TO HANDLE THIS TASK?

Bit stressful. The lives of tens of people could be in your hands.

Iā€™m tall

I always opt into the emergency seat if avaliable

3 Likes

At any available opportunity and will happily pay extra for it.

Yes

Preferred their early stuff tbh tbf :woman_shrugging:

Made this exact same joke the last time this expression came up :sunglasses:

May politics thread, feat. EURO Elections & May Resigning at last - #1849 by Petagno

Having actually bothered to do the research this time, there are of course two bands actually using this monikerā€¦

https://callofthevoid.bandcamp.com/

https://thecotv.bandcamp.com/

1 Like