Have you ever seen the same band/artist more than once on the same tour?

The Mars Volta
Trail of Dead
yourcodenameis:milo

think that’s it. always enjoy seeing a band near the beginning and the end of the same tour and comparing notes.

3 Likes

I saw the pumpkins twice in 2000, but once in Jan, and the other on the farwell tour

1 Like

Not sure if I’ve mentioned this anywhere, but we’re seeing Queen Of All Our Hearts, Carly Rae Jepsen for the second time in 5 days in 69 hours. @Gnometorious

1 Like

saw Mclusky* twice this year - bought a ticket for Glasgow as I wasn’t expecting Irish shows, and then couldn’t miss them in Belfast. would have sold the Glasgow ticket but a Glasgow pal had agreed to come with me and i’d already planned a Fringe trip around it anyway

saw Mogwai twice on their 2015 anniversary mini-tour - me and a London pal had got tickets for the Roundhouse as a good excuse for a visit, then they announced Dublin and a Dublin pal was going so went to both. played two very different sets so glad i went to both

went to Dublin for Battles in 2016 and then they ended up coming back and playing Belfast about 6 months later

went to Dublin for Holy Fuck in 2016 and then they played Belfast the following year

in a reversal of the usual formula, saw The Fall in Belfast in 2013, then they played Dublin a few months later. wouldn’t have bothered going to both if they were in the same week, but with the gap i’d got the itch to see them again by the time of the second one

Ought happened to be playing in Leeds while i was there visiting a pal in 2015 and then they came to Belfast 6 months later

Hookworms happened to be doing a weekender thing when i was in Leeds again in 2018, settled for the first night as the all dayer the next day was sold out, but then we got last minute tickets for the all dayer so ended up at both. pal felt ill and went home early before their set both nights.

definitely seen various Irish bands multiple times on the same album cycle cos they’re just around. particularly feel like i saw ASIWYFA a lot circa All Hail Bright Futures and Girls Names a lot circa Arms Around a Vision

1 Like

Saw the Cribs 16/16 times for the 2017 Residences Tour (4 cities)
Saw the Cribs 7/8 times for the 2017 Men’s Needs Women’s Needs FOREVER tour (6 cities)
Saw the Cribs 11/14 times for the 2018 24/7 Rock Star Shit tour (11 cities)
Saw the Cribs 9/10 times for the 2015 For All My Sisters tour (9 cities - was utterly exhausted by the final night and physically couldn’t get on a train to Portsmouth)

4 Likes

Nice

1 Like

lots of times. in 2005, think bright eyes didn’t repeat any songs in the two shows I went. Manchester academy 2 was ‘i’m wide awake…’ and eurockeennes was ‘digital ash…’ on the beach.
2009, st Vincent played with her band to exactly 12 people at Kanye’s wireless hyde park and later that summer to thousands, without band at route du rock

Jeez, that’s impressive!!
I’m guessing you kinda like The Cribs then!

Must be due a new album from them soon

2 Likes

And what was it like being a member of The Cribs?

:wink: :smile:

4 Likes

Radiohead three times on the Hail to the Thief tour (four, if you include the small venues tour before the album came out). It was mainly an excuse to see friends who were spread across the country at different universities.

Aberdeen was by far the best performance - possibly one of my Top 5 gigs. I met my partner a few years later - She’d been at the same gig and managed to get Ed O’Brien’s setlist, which is pretty cool.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of bands more than once on the same tour. The one that stands out is Sufjan Stevens who I saw twice on consecutive nights at the Festival Hall for both the Age of Adz and Carrie and Lowell tours. No regrets.

Seen heaps of Australian (eastern states) bands two and even three times during their trips to Perth.

Saw Stone Roses twice when they came to Perth more than 20 years ago.

I also saw NMH three times on that tour, Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh. Almost didn’t go to the Edinburgh one as I thought it might be overkill, but it was absolutely amazing. Still think the Belfast one was best, as it was first and I was right at the front.

1 Like

I was right at the front too, probably saw you for all I know :smiley:
All the shows were bloody great.
Honestly if I’d had loads of cash and time off work, I’d have just toured with them essentially.

Yeah, they were some amazing shows. Never thought I’d see them so to see them three times was unbelievable.

1 Like

That was my thinking. Grabbed Manchester thinking it’d be my only chance.
When Dublin came up thought it would be the only Irish show and it went in minutes, then when Belfast was announced I could hardly believe it.
Fantastic times.

Belfast was great, smaller venue than most of the tour from what I remember. I was a bit further back.

Originally had a ticket for Dublin and considered going to both but just sold that one in the end up

2 Likes

All of mine were within a few days of each other - still great setlist variety, but I wish I had made that final tour / show.

Saw the National in the Roundhouse and the Ally Pally on the Trouble will find me tour.

I’m not a National fan any more, that second show was like watching paint dry :frowning:

I once saw Dodgy warm up for Phoenix Festival, which they played twice then saw then in Portsmouth just after. I think. That’s too much Dodgy.

I also Saw Mogwai I think, six times, on tour, albeit that straddled a tour proper, and some festivals I think.

1 Like