Have you ever taken a photo to the barbers/hairdressers and asked for your hair to be cut like the person in the photo

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Please include said photo if possible

6 Likes

When I get a haircut I’m happy with I take a picture and then show it to the hairdresser next time and ask them to do the same again

3 Likes

Not quite, but I once had a big white stripe bit put in so took the cover of some computer game to go… LIKE THIS to the lovely lady. Can’t remember what game.

Yep, I do this. Show them this photo from a couple of years ago. Good old Hector

3 Likes

Yes I do this - it’s particularly helpful when try to convey what tone of highlights you want

When I was about 19 and an art student I drew a picture (kind of in the style of the Foals - Antidotes cover) and showed it to a barber who looked like Peter Andre who just laughed at me and asked if he could keep it. Never been back there obviously.

My pal James did this and took a picture of himself with the haircut he wanted. The barber guy took a look at it and said “but you hair already looks like this”, started taking off the hair cloak thing and so James just got up and left.

8 Likes

yeah, always, basically every time, and i have the same photo. it’s a black and white one of ewan macgregor. you really need to specifiy for this hair as he’s had loads of them and some are SHIIIIIIT.

also, paul rudd in that film with steve coogan.

People’s hair doesn’t grow the same, never saw how it could help really

1 Like

often take a photo of a meal to a restaurant and ask for mine to be served looking like that

4 Likes

I like the idea of doing this but I never do. As such I tend to end with wildly inconsistent haircut quality

4 Likes

I took a photo of a lady in once and I think maybe they thought it was weird but it’s fine

Did she have a head?

And hair!!

1 Like

yeah, one of me with a haircut I liked. every time.

Fairly sure I took this one, colour and cut

1 Like

What do you lot usually ask for?

I go “like this [points at own head] just shorter and tidier” then every follow-up question I answer with “sure, go for it”

1 Like

‘Two on the back an sides, wee tidy up on top. Really don’t want much off the top at all’

They always take too much off the top.

1 Like