Have you ever visited a truck stop?

This is the twenty first in a weekly series where I, Jonathan Frakes, ask the Drowned In Sound community questions taken from the show Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction which I hosted from 1998 - 2002.

Have you ever visited a truck stop?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I can’t remember

0 voters

What was there? Were you in a truck? Have you ever been in a truck? Did you sleep there?

i have stayed the night in a truck stop a couple of times. Quite the experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not a truck so why would I

10 Likes

The one next to the Eddie Stobart yard on the A5 near Crick. In a van. Just for a breakfast.

A bunch of lorry spotters sat outside the entrance, writing down the names of the Stobart trucks as they come and go.

There’s one in Belgium called E17

Good chips

Had breakfast from one whilst working with me dad

EDIT - in a van

trucks shouldn’t stop, ideally they should keep on truckin’

4 Likes

Truck, stop and listen.

How were their jacket potatoes?

Yes, somewhere on the highway between Dallas and Austin. I had the worst cup of coffee in my entire life from the Sonic there. I’ve never tasted diesel but it put me in mind of what hot diesel would taste like. Awful, awful stuff. On the way back the week later we stopped at a different stop in the same sort of area that was like a Texan farmshop of dreams, so really I can only conclude that truck stops are a real dice roll in terms of quality.

Bloody love the services

Bad food, dirty toilets

Van

Yes

No

Found this equally interesting/bleak.

1 Like

Get tae truck

Yes. In texas all they have are truck stops, racist churches, and endless American football pitches

2 Likes

Truck stops are also car stops, aren’t they?

And roadside fireworks/gun shedstores. Literally saw one next to a church, like something out of South Park.

1 Like