Have you got any low-key nemeses?

Are you allowed to commit crimes in the chemical patents lawyer world and keep your job?

Like if you got done for shooting kids, would you get sacked?

Or dewigged or whatever it is

4 Likes

Reckon “blinding a kid with an air rifle because they fired a nerf gun at your house even after you EXPLICITLY asked them not to” might be viewed by the regulator as bringing the profession into disrepute.

1 Like

Shame

1 Like

I mean if anything they should encourage that kind of behaviour so the trade mark lot don’t think they’re bigger badasses than us.

2 Likes

There’s a busker near my work who is terrible and just shouts rude comments at people who walk by. Never had any direct encounter with him but it’s bubbling. Lot of side-eye.

2 Likes

I know someone who I think hates me but an actual good friend of mine lives with them so I think they have to pretend they don’t.

By the way, I have had a string of train nemeses over the last twelve years of commuting. Current one has this knack of getting to the train door first every single time. I can see her tactics, I’m wise to it. Just powerless to stop her.

2 Likes

I have a few. most prominent at the moment is forcing me to still be online, as if I’m doing work, in case he asks any more stupid STUPID questions while he prepares for his board meeting on Tuesday that he’s woefully under prepared for.

oooooh! just got another email from him, brb

The kind of person who starts an evening thread at 5:42. Or anytime before 6pm

1 Like

For some reason, the guy who works in my local Aldi. Never had a run in to my knowledge, but the dude seems to have taken exception to me? He’s been weirdly passively aggressive too many times now for me to be imagining it - chats happily to everyone else in the queue, gets to me, I say hello, he ignores me every time.

One of the last times I queued at his checkout, said the usual hello with no response, packed my things and thought “ha you bellend, in a minute, you’re gonna have to talk to me to tell me what my shopping comes to and ask whether I’m paying by cash or card.”

Finished scanning though then just rested his chin on his hands and stared ahead. Didn’t say anything at all - no idea what my shop came to or anything? Fucker completely outplayed me! Was so taken aback I didn’t challenge him, just pressed my card against the contactless thing assuming that would work, then took the receipt off him and wandered off without either of us saying a word.

Tend to avoid his till now if I can help it as it’s too weird. Maybe one day I’ll ask, but currently absolutely no idea… :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

as someone who used to work a supermarket checkout, it’s prob nothing, he’s just decided to hate you as a way to get through the day :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Whoever it is who also uses the empty third floor loo (I work on the 1st but like to go up for the exercise) and leaves poop all over it.
Rotter.

Ha, maybe? I don’t really care one way or another whether he likes me or not - it’s on him if he’s taken a dislike based on nowt. I find it a bit weird that it seems to have happened a few times, but mainly it just bemuses me.

1 Like

Sure pal

4 Likes

As I’ve said before, anyone who is dumb enough to sit near me at work is almost bound to go on the list. Had a success yesterday, got rid of someone after only a year, and even managed to get him to leave the country for good measure.

Admittedly he did give me the most crushing handshake of my life on parting so I think maybe he won.

I don’t know him other than his odd behaviour. Why would I care?

Used to be people with same first name as me. Just didn’t like them.
Not sure they ever knew.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine there’s that many folk called Slicky around, at least.

2 Likes