Have you noticed how it isn't as big a deal to have 50+ replies to a thread anymore?

Well, June 29th (1980) is famously the date that Jerry Seinfeld off of the TV show “Seinfeld” last vomitted so every year, on June 28th I like to eat undercooked chicken and have a little glass of milk and lemon juice to ensure that I too vomit on the 29th.

4 Likes

You must really love that television show.

Can I confess something to you? I don’t think I’ve ever laughed at Seinfeld. I don’t dislike it but it’s only just over the threshold of watchable for my tastes.

1 Like

I probably haven’t either! It is very, very rare for a TV show to make me audibly and physically laugh out loud tbh.

ugh i hate seinfeld

1 Like

That’s a good point. I wonder if any of the posts people have made on these board they have made while pooing.

• Some of mine have
  • None of mine have
  • Many of mine have
  • All of mine have

0 voters

It’s for this reason that I prefer to watch comedies with other people, particularly people who laugh a lot. Left to my own devices, I’m silent.

I like to call it “the collaboration of joy”

In Australia, when I would say to people “I’m not really fussed on Seinfeld” they would say “Ah I think they played it a lot more in this country, it was always on TV”. It wasn’t just one person who said this, but I was always perplexed by this common mentality that the reason I didn’t love Seinfeld was because it hadn’t been on British TV enough.

1 Like

I can remember when people would go into the Monday thread and detail what they did at the weekend. That just doesn’t happen anymore cause we’re live-blogging it in the weekend threads.

1 Like

Yeah, what it is, when people talk about “laughter is contagious” or how “the atmosphere is better for laughter” at live comedy or whatever I’ll just repeat the phrase “the collaboration of joy” to them

3 Likes

These boards have gone 24/7

Theo is largely responsible for this

2 Likes

I was doing that for a while, glad it’s not my job anymore

1 Like

I do enjoy getting quotes slightly wrong for things, particularly with people who that sort of thing would bother.

“Bite my shorts”

1 Like

Yeah, and if you wanted to upload a pic then you had to use Imgur or Tinypic

Pictures has been the main reason for the increase in my posting I reckon

2 Likes

It is a shame so many of those links are broken. Particularly when the next reply is :smiley: with 25 people giving it a ^This

1 Like

always feel a bit ashamed of myself when i bring my phone with me to the toilet, but that doesn’t stop me from doing it nearly every time

1 Like

I am very sheepish about my phone being in hand if I head towards the toilet, I try to keep it as hidden as possible.

Mainly, I don’t like the idea of someone looking at me and knowing I need to take a poo ASAP. I find it puts me in a vulnerable position.