Have you watched any Christmas films yet

Watched Die Hard in August.

The only episode I have seen

In the US there’s a channel that just shows the film A Christmas Story on repeat, it’s massive there, yet don’t think it’s a thing here at all (doesn’t exist?). It’s fine, a very gentle collection of Christmas vignettes of a childhood in the midwest in the 1950s.

2 Likes

I watch it every year on Christmas eve without fail since it came out. One of my favourite modern Xmas films. I absolutely love it.

Heard a lot of good things about Klaus on Netflix

2 Likes

Good luck to you, Marwood.

1 Like

I saw the first hour of this, it’s excellent.

2 Likes

The Prince Charles usually plays this, I almost went last year.

Fix that asap GT! It’s the best show about teenagers, banging soundtrack, so much soft focus you won’t believe, treats its character really decently and Claire Danes is properly, notably great in it. But that episode is actual garbage yes, sullies the good names of both the show and Juliana Hatfield

1 Like

My wife loves it but I think without the nostalgia it’s very meh.

1 Like

I first watched it in 2010 or so, would only be imagined nostalgia in that case for me. But I have watched it 5 or 6 times through since, so I’m hardly objective

You can’t like that if you haven’t seen it yet @guntrip!! Gahh!

2 Likes

I haven’t watched any Christmas films this year nor will I.

So there.

Gremlins followed by It’s a Wonderful Life on Monday. Might manage a cheeky Muppets/Die Hard combo once work eases off. (Also, would very much watch Die Hard With A Muppet, if someone could make it.)

1 Like

We’ve half watched a few shit channel 5 ones that all have the same actors and storylines and don’t exist. Planning to watch Arthur Christmas again with the three year old I live with, that is a half decent one, hoping she’s ready for the muppets as well. And the Mr Bean Christmas special, see how that flies

I’m watching A Christmas Prince 3: The Royal Baby and it is staggeringly bad. Absolutely love it.

3 Likes

I’ve never watched Love Actually but I have a feeling this year I may be forced to.

Don’t think I’ve watched a Christmas film for 15 years. Where do I collect my indie points?

Fucking hell, only 21% have seen Christmas Vacation. What a sad indictment of this place.

Are you Jehovah’s Witness or do you just not like fun?

The latter. Come on, they’re all terrible though really, aren’t they?

(Apart from the Muppets one, obvs).